Dr Who Collector Message Board
Dr Who Collector Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Poll
 All Forums
 General Collecting on Richardwho
 Big Screen Additions Collectors Cards
 Additions Box/Case Breaks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:    Upload a File Upload a file
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dalekfan Posted - 18 Nov 2008 : 11:47:25
Okay, here you go. Please post your case or box breaks here. Please include the box numbers if you can, so we can try to keep track. No quantity too big or small. Good luck everyone.
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dalekfan Posted - 24 Oct 2009 : 09:59:14
I was really pleased to pull it, Don.

Even by trading card standards, pulling it from a completely different box release is indeed serendipity.
Don Pedicini Jr. Posted - 23 Oct 2009 : 16:32:53
Wow yes I did that one way back in 2007 for the first Additions set.... that's really strange how that appeared in the new set....
Dalekfan Posted - 23 Oct 2009 : 04:10:48
Now here's an oddball one: box 131 of the mono release produced a colour sketch by Don Pedicini Jr of Roy Castle's character:

Why post on here? Well, it was a 2007 dated sketch on the colour Additions sketch card stock...
Doctor Jas Posted - 11 Sep 2009 : 13:19:57
Cool cards mate
Dalekfan Posted - 11 Sep 2009 : 10:38:36
Some more of my favourite subject from the very talented Kevin Graham as promised. Definitely nothing monochrome about these!:

Dalekfan Posted - 23 Jun 2009 : 08:17:57
These last 2 are now on my Collectors Page.

Yes, there's some more to come soon, Craig!
sittin9duck Posted - 18 Jun 2009 : 20:52:43
Two great sketches you have got there. You have found some great Kevin Graham sketches. Any more hidden gems to show us.
Dalekfan Posted - 18 Jun 2009 : 07:13:52
Don't think I've posted this one before:

Dalekfan Posted - 10 Jun 2009 : 07:16:26
quote:
Originally posted by jaseb

Nice card DF. Mr Graham I presume?

Thank you. Yes.
jaseb Posted - 08 Jun 2009 : 09:06:47
Nice card DF. Mr Graham I presume?
Dalekfan Posted - 08 Jun 2009 : 04:09:15
As I thin out my collection (including sketch cards) I will primarily be going for my first love, Daleks!!

Here's a recent acquisition as I go down this new collecting trail. If you want me to post any more, please let me know:

sittin9duck Posted - 26 Dec 2008 : 12:33:55
That's great to see you pulled the dalek by Mark Spears. I know how delighted you must be to get that sketch without having to over pay from ebay. Well do.
ACE Posted - 26 Dec 2008 : 08:35:10
Congratulations! I've still to get a Spears card and from the ones I've seen envy your box pull!

Matt
Dalekfan Posted - 26 Dec 2008 : 08:28:40
Box 1014, my box opened for Christmas, produced a Dalek sketch by Mark Spears! I'm delighted with it: at least 3 of his 6 sketch cards were already out there, so my chances of gettting one (and a Dalek too ) must've been fairly remote.

There are 2 Spears currently on the Bay, one at GBP 149 and one at GBP 199, so I am well pleased, as this one cost me the price of a box (less than GBP 30).

It is now up on my Collectors Page (Artwork) if you would like to see it.

http://www.richardwho.com/collectors/stevensmith/sub.asp?u=59&s=3
bjblackpool Posted - 09 Dec 2008 : 13:40:13
Box 1348 - Graham redemption, f1, f4, f8, f9, Movie clip.
sittin9duck Posted - 06 Dec 2008 : 08:00:09
Well done Paul that sketch was on my list of cards to look out for.
Dalekfan Posted - 06 Dec 2008 : 06:32:13
quote:
Originally posted by Paul

Very pleased with the sketch card, especially as I only bought 2 boxes, but I don't think I'll be opening box 0882!

Well done on the sketch. Your comment on the other box sums up the sketch distribution issues with this release perfectly. There's gonna be a lot of redundant boxes floating around.
Paul Posted - 06 Dec 2008 : 06:13:56
Box 0881 yielded the following :

• David Graham auto

• F1, F2, F4, F8

• Ingrid Hardy sketch - Dr Who and Tom

I'll upload a scan of the sketch card later, but if you look at the IH sketches on the SI website it's the one on the penultimate row on its own.

Very pleased with the sketch card, especially as I only bought 2 boxes, but I don't think I'll be opening box 0882!

Doctor Jas Posted - 03 Dec 2008 : 12:37:11
Very nice sketch Sittin9duck, I've got a spare F3 (email sent)
sittin9duck Posted - 03 Dec 2008 : 08:55:22
My 3 boxes arrived today.

Box 928
Foils f1 f5 f7 f9
Auto A3
Movie clip

Box 929
Foils f2 f4 f6 f8
Auto A2
Sketch Don Pedicini Jr

Box 930
Foils f1 f5 f7 f9
Auto A1
Movie clip

I was pleased to get all 3 auto's and a nice sketch but was one foil short of a set and the movie clip cards look great.
Dalekfan Posted - 02 Dec 2008 : 10:50:13
IMHO the clips cards have saved this release as they're an innovative idea (for Strictly Ink at least).

Numbering them would've been marvellous as you say, but SI have an aversion to numbering cards: their release quantities are then too easy to track!!!

Certainly not enough autos this time, and as said they're all equally common.

And for me, the sketch cards are too samey in subject matter, generally speaking. I mean, who drew the old ladies who double-crossed the heroes to the Daleks, or the outside of the mine, or the mine control room, or a good shot of the Dalek city, or the cool sequence with the mirrors being used by the Thals etc etc etc....
Doctor Jas Posted - 02 Dec 2008 : 10:32:18
It's just a shame that Strictly Ink couldn't get 6-8 hand signed autos which would have made this set a little more exciting. It would have been great if it had been more like the Hammer Horror set with a few very limited autos as well as a few common autos as the sketch card ratio seems to be the same. In that set there were 8 autos to be found in boxes with 1 binder auto and 1 case topper auto. Hammer Horror may not have been everyone's cup of tea but I personally thought it had been one of Strictly Ink's best products.

I think Big Screen could have been better with more autos, 4 sketches per case, and maybe the film clips being numbered or having different styles to make them more collactable. Just my opinion anyway.
bjblackpool Posted - 02 Dec 2008 : 09:04:22
Box 579 - Tovey redemption; F1,5,7,9; Movie Cell.

Whilst I'm a little unhappy with the foil-less foils and only three auto cards (and redemptions at that), I'm really taken with the movie cells!
Dalekfan Posted - 29 Nov 2008 : 04:32:32
I opened my case (which had 4 sketches luckily), and had 3 boxes left unopened at the end which I knew could not have sketches in them.
Doctor Jas Posted - 28 Nov 2008 : 17:07:16
The problem is with most cases only containing 3 sketch cards the odds are not in your favour for a single box purchase. You should count yourself VERY lucky if you pulled a sketch. I would agree that you probably need to buy 3 consecutively numbered boxes but in one of my cases there was a sketch, then the next 3 boxes had an auto and a clip, and my final sketch was in the next one. This was also happened in another 2 of my cases. Luck of the draw, in one of my cases 2 out of 3 boxes would have had sketches. The placement is very random.

Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:12:56 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com