New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  06:20:28  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1367972/BBC-sued-Who-drew-evil-Dalek-mastermind-Davros.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

When you have seen the ages i have seen....................

kevb0977
Chancellor

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  09:38:53  Show Profile  Visit kevb0977's Homepage
What I'd like to know is WHY has it taken over 30 years for this bloke to do anything about his so called creation of Davros??? Was he waiting for everyone who might know otherwise to die??? I know it's not uncommon for people to take credit of other peoples work BUT I'm not convinced anyone would just leave it to rest for so long..., surely we should've heard rumors of this if nothing else!!!

Interesting article though..., the drawing doesn't look that old to my eyes BUT I'm sure there will be scientists to test the paper & pen ink used..., technology is an amazing thing & they can tell when the paper/ink was in use (production) which is pretty cool!!!

Sounds to me like he's maybe pulling a fast one & I hope he gets done for it if it's proven to be true!!! I guess that's upto the courts to decide though..., just a little bit on the fishy side for my liking though!!!

Kevin

Edited by - kevb0977 on 20 Mar 2011 09:43:06
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  09:42:38  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
One does wonder why it has taken so long for him to take action, and I am sure the Courts will want to know too...

Go to Top of Page

Gazza
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  12:52:28  Show Profile  Visit Gazza's Homepage
Though I have no idea if the guy is genuine or not.Having read the article he does say he contacted his solicitor around the time of the original showing of Genesis but was unable to act as he had lost his competition drawing at the time(would they have a record of the conversation?...)
When it was discovered 20 years later in a old family encyclopedia he didn't act as he wrongly believed too many years had past.That takes it to 1995 where he says he has written to the BBC numerous times stating his claim and it has taken till now to act.
Interestingly enough (if the press is to be believed) it also says Terry Nations agent for his estate Tim Han(word auto-deleted) is to meet Terrys widow Kate to look through the family archives.
Gaz
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  03:37:58  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
Hmm, fishier than Aquamans pants I'd say. Looking at the picture, you can see that even for a child's drawing, it's pretty close to how Davros looked on screen. Ray Cusick has often mentioned that Terry Nation's script's always seemed to mention "A White, featureless room" or "A White, featureless corridor". When asked why, Nation replied "I couldn't think of anything. I'll leave to you to come up with whatever you like". With that in mind, are we to believe that not only did Nation steal the idea and the name, the costume, props and make up departments were in on it to? How else could they have all designed something so close to the drawing?

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page

davros11
Companion

United Kingdom
106 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  16:27:50  Show Profile  Visit davros11's Homepage
Will we ever really know the truth who created Davros,whoever it was i think should be commended for their imaginative concept of one of the greatest foes ever in the universe maybe a fundamental image was conceived from a quite simple idea and built upon until the Genesis version was realised a joint effort by many contributors who can take full credit if that the case,be interesting to see outcome if resolved ,please keep advised if further info available Ty.

T Parr
Go to Top of Page

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  12:38:41  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
I wouldn't put it past the BBC to steal ideas, look what they did with the police box!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      1:56:53 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com