New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2012 :  17:18:11  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage
Please tell me they Don't intend releasing all the dvd's yet again in this format.

Edited by - DB 2 on 28 Oct 2012 17:21:23

hidden-place
Timelord

United Kingdom
326 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2012 :  10:50:31  Show Profile  Visit hidden-place's Homepage
Are these not going into the big supermarkets? No sign of Axos in my local Asda or Tesco (they usually stock new releases but the Regenerations box sets were absent last year)....
Had to pay the extra and get it from HMV in the end.
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2012 :  14:36:30  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage
Only the older releases that will benefit from being re-transferred as I understand it.
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2012 :  15:38:01  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
It will be interesting to see where The Restoration Team draw the line and decide after which point stories cannot be viable for further improvement and no further reissues are necessary.

Go to Top of Page

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2012 :  16:12:06  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan

It will be interesting to see where The Restoration Team draw the line and decide after which point stories cannot be viable for further improvement and no further reissues are necessary.

Totally agree.
Go to Top of Page

Ian
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1075 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  15:46:32  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage
Some fans have been asking for the other NTSC conversions to be done a 2nd time with the B&W Prints - which would be Colony In Space, Curse Of Peladon, Sea Devils & The Mutants. They don't have B&W Time Monster to do that one again.

But I think Claws and Inferno were the worst.

There's a few odd things I would buy again - The Beginning with 15 commentaries instead of 6 (it's silly minor episodes from elsewhere in the series have commentaries but pivitol ones like Unearthly Child 2 dont!) but no one's getting any younger.

Also a shame Curse Of Fenric doesn't have a documentary, Silver Nemesis doesn't have an extended cut and so forth.

I know Dan Hall has said he'd love to do special editions for all of them... but no I don't think they will. I Don't think we're quite near the end yet.

Go to Top of Page

hidden-place
Timelord

United Kingdom
326 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  08:17:34  Show Profile  Visit hidden-place's Homepage
Well if they can get the improvement in picture quality achieved on this new Claws of Axos release - and throw in a few new extras for good measure - I think it would be worth it.
Go to Top of Page

kevb0977
Chancellor

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  03:00:20  Show Profile  Visit kevb0977's Homepage
Once I've got the DVDs that's me done..., I buy any new Doctor Who releases on Blu ray but anything classic on DVD, I'll not be buying them again so if I happen not to have something & there's a special edition available then I'll buy it but if not then tough..., just got the special edition versions of The Three Doctors & The Caves of Androzani, had to get them off of eBay because I had the other 4 DVDs in with the revisitation box sets & didn't want the same DVDs twice. I do make exceptions sometimes though, had The Two Doctors DVD when the Bred For War box set came out so I gave the extra DVD to my dad & I'll be doing the same again with Spearhead From Space as I really wanted Terror of the Autons & buying the Manakin Mania box set was cheaper than trying to buy the individual DVD on it's own..., go figure. lol

Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      3:59:08 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com