New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2013 :  15:58:11  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
Is there no joy at the finding of these lost episodes? I thought the net would be buzzing. Fantastic news for the 50th year!!

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2013 :  17:03:31  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage
Totally agree.Can't wait to see them on dvd.Can you imagine the feeling you would have had if you had found the tapes.
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  03:47:17  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
Oh, the Net is buzzing. It's been the highlight of my Who year for sure.

Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  11:46:01  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
And there's certainly joy to be found here too. Dalekfan started a thread on this elsewhere (http://www.drwhocollector.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12870). This was before the big reveal and announcement of their imminent DVD releases, hence there's no thread in this section. Until now

Pity to hear there are no extras on these releases. I may just stick with the iTunes versions until an SE version of each is announced.

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2013 :  07:41:08  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage
As Dalekfan says the net's been at fever pitch, particularly over the last 3-4 months where the rumours just wouldn't go away. It think it's going to continue for a while yet; even now some people are convinced the BBC have Marco Polo and/or Web of Fear episode 3 and are hiding them away, despite Paul Vanezis stating differently.

I'm absolutely delighted that EotW and WoF are back; I'm likely to cave in and download WoF even though I hate iTunes, but I'm hoping I can hold out for the EotW DVD (though I won't be getting it until Christmas).

Has it been confirmed that there'll be no special features whatsoever on the DVD releases? At the very least most people are expecting animation for the missing WoF episode 3.
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2013 :  10:14:31  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Paul

Has it been confirmed that there'll be no special features whatsoever on the DVD releases? At the very least most people are expecting animation for the missing WoF episode 3.

No confirmation that there'll be no special features but I got this from the Doctor Who news website:

quote:
Amidst some confusion over the DVD releases of the recovered The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear, BBC Worldwide have confirmed that these will be single disc releases as described by online shopping sites and not two discs as the covers released earlier today indicated.

The BBFC have now classified The Enemy of the World, confirming the running time for the episodes:

Episodes One-Three:
00:23:45:01 DOCTOR WHO - THE ENEMY OF THE WORLD - EPISODE 1
00:23:50:17 DOCTOR WHO - THE ENEMY OF THE WORLD - EPISODE 2
00:23:07:09 DOCTOR WHO - THE ENEMY OF THE WORLD - EPISODE 3

Episodes Four-Six:
00:23:46:11 DOCTOR WHO - THE ENEMY OF THE WORLD - EPISODE 4
00:24:22:05 DOCTOR WHO - THE ENEMY OF THE WORLD - EPISODE 5
00:21:38:11 DOCTOR WHO - THE ENEMY OF THE WORLD - EPISODE 6

No other features have been announced for either this or The Web of Fear at present.

It doesn't look promising but maybe there'll be some production notes and a commentary?

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2013 :  11:25:12  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage
Extras sometimes get classified at a later date, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I realise the deadline's pretty tight for 'Enemy' but I'm hoping for a commentary & production notes too.
Go to Top of Page

Ian
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1075 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2013 :  17:21:28  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage
I think its been confirmed no extras for Enemy, I'm not that optimistic on Web either.

The trouble with the rumours, and denials is this rumour has been going on a long time - I myself heard it 18 months ago. Enemy and Web were always at the front of it. So I dunno, I always thought there was some truth buried amongst the rumours somewhere, turns out there was, but perhaps we've seen all there is from it now.

It's bizarre watching them, I've probably watched more Classic Doctor Who in the past 10 days (Zygons as well!) than in the past year. If not more - I never have the time usually.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2013 :  03:45:50  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
I'm not bothered about extras. Just glad to have them back.

Go to Top of Page

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2013 :  07:46:16  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
The extras are always a bonus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      2:53:27 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com