New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevb0977
Chancellor

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  00:27:26  Show Profile  Visit kevb0977's Homepage
Another branch of Character Options (Zeon Character) are planning on releasing a Dalek & K-9 shortly but instead of the traditional radio controlled versions we've always got in the past, these 2 are going to have an app you can download onto your smart phone & then you can make the Dalek move & talk using your phone..., if anyone is interested Zeon Character now have their own page on Facebook, it's worth a look.

Kevin

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  10:34:19  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
Thanks Kevin. Sounds interesting!

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page

kevb0977
Chancellor

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2014 :  03:20:22  Show Profile  Visit kevb0977's Homepage
Forbidden Planet have the smartphone controlled Dalek & K-9 on their website now, release date is expected to be July 1st..., at £69.99 each plus £5.50 for delivery, I'm waiting to see where else is stocking them as there's no way I am going to pay that kind of money unless there's no other choice. lol

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

kevb0977
Chancellor

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2014 :  09:32:43  Show Profile  Visit kevb0977's Homepage
Zeon Character have got back to me today regarding where else this can be bought & they say they are in talks with other retailers about stocking the Dalek & K-9, none confirmed yet but they say other retailers will be stocking it..., so no need to pay Forbidden Planet's excessive asking price plus delivery..., YAY!!! lol

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2014 :  10:53:16  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
The K-9 is rumoured to be 1:1 scale, so that would justify the price tag. Can't see that being true myself but who knows eh?

Go to Top of Page

kevb0977
Chancellor

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2014 :  10:59:58  Show Profile  Visit kevb0977's Homepage
I heard people saying that's what they wanted but the last I saw from a video clip I can't currently find..., it's just the Character Options K-9 remote control version but with the smart phone technology to make it work rather than the remote control receiver.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2014 :  02:35:26  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
Ah, that makes sense and sounds more likely. So will the Dalek be 12" or 18" scale I wonder?

Go to Top of Page

kevb0977
Chancellor

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2014 :  06:40:26  Show Profile  Visit kevb0977's Homepage
It hasn't been confirmed but I'm assuming they are going to be the 13" scale, as the new Dalek's are slightly bigger than the 2005 versions. & the 18" Dalek's were £100.00 or more each when being sold by Toys R Us & Tesco so as Forbidden Planet want £69.99 for this Dalek that suggests to me it's the smaller scale..., hopefully B&M will sell it though as it'll be cheaper then, probably half the cost too.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2014 :  06:09:13  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
13" scale seems to be about right. I just found this demo video on YouTube - http://youtu.be/AQHG2xNsWrA

So it's the newer design, white & grey Supreme. I thought that design had been quietly dropped. I guess not.

Go to Top of Page

kevb0977
Chancellor

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2014 :  06:36:57  Show Profile  Visit kevb0977's Homepage
No, it's still the metallic red 13" Dalek..., the white Dalek they used in the demo video was actually one of the 8" bubble bath Dalek's & they only used it to show the motor functions..., I had a bit of a rant at them when I saw how tacky the Dalek was in the video & said it looked more like a bubble bath Dalek than the remote controlled versions & that's when they came back to me saying it was & it was just to show us how it would work rather than the product itself (thank goodness for that).

Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      3:57:33 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com