New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2014 :  15:55:49  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage
Well, that was excellent, enjoyable imaginative, a different slant on an old idea, echoes of Invisible Enemy, Carnival of Monsters. Loved the Drs horror when the dalek revealed he was full of hate... super stuff,next week looks a bit pants though, shades of the dreaded Black Spot...

alanperciwho
Chancellor

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2014 :  06:03:29  Show Profile  Visit alanperciwho's Homepage
Absolutely amazing.

Possibly the best episode of Doctor Who since Blink. For the first time in a long time I want to watch this episode again.
Go to Top of Page

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2014 :  13:10:18  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
Have we lost some interest in Who on this site? Not many posters last week. A great improvement on the series as a whole. Not sure it will last but I quite enjoyed that. Largely because of Capaldi but the story wasn't bad either.

I think the part time companion is one of the worst ideas the series has ever endured. Not overly keen on the new companion either...

Edited by - Regeneration on 31 Aug 2014 13:11:10
Go to Top of Page

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2014 :  17:28:05  Show Profile
quite enjoyable and the effects just get better and better giving that Hollywood feel to it. Need to watch it again but really enjoyed it. I too felt it was like Invisible Enemy which was a nice nod to the past. but this Missy better be worthwhile cause her popping up like this is a little offputting..

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

Fudge
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1821 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2014 :  09:06:58  Show Profile  Visit Fudge's Homepage
Great episode. 9/10. Although I've enjoyed the last couple of seasons I felt it was time for a change. I wasn't expecting such a huge shift though, but am loving the new tone. I think Moffatt has created the best modern Doctor since the series came back. The characterisation reminds me of Sherlock but that's definitely not a criticism. Capaldi definitely knows how to fly this thing. Also I don't know what's happened to Jenna Coleman between seasons. Last time round she wasn't bad, just a bit 'meh'. This season she is acting her socks off and has been a revelation. Lastly, I hope they can get Bean Wheatley back sooner rather than later. His two episodes were like watching classic Who filmed in a cinematic way. Looking forward to a lighter story next week, but do hope it's not a Black Spot.
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2014 :  19:18:42  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Regeneration

Have we lost some interest in Who on this site?
Lost interest in Doctor Who ? No, not in the least. Have I lost interest in posting on this site in the hope of a meaningful discussion ? Sadly, yes.

After last season when the 'usual suspects' just posted how dreadful they thought every episode was and how bad Mr Moffat had been that week with no attempt at constructive criticism or, frequently, even giving the impression that they had been watching a completely different episode to the one I had seen, I pretty much gave up on this site. I'm pleased to see that things do seem to be picking up, even with the pessimistic views on how long the good stuff so far is going to last.

quote:
Originally posted by Regeneration

I think the part time companion is one of the worst ideas the series has ever endured. Not overly keen on the new companion either...

New companion ? Not sure who that is. I do agree that having the Doctor keep picking up Clara rather than the two of them travelling together all the time is a bad idea. My main criticism is the single episode stories. Though these first two have worked very well. I do prefer a cliff-hanger ending rather than seeing the edited highlights of the next story to pull me into the next episode.

Whatever my gripes, I really do like have something to look forward to watching on a Saturday evening again, even in single episode story bites

One size does NOT fit all
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2014 :  06:21:09  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
As a big Dalek fan, even I was worried that they'd been flogged to death lately but this episode proved there's still life in the old pepperpots of doom yet!

I'm quite enjoying the grumpier Doctor. There's shades of the 3rd & 4th there which is no bad thing.

Story wise, It did feel a little like a retread of 'Dalek' at times, with a splash of 'Journey to the centre of the TARDIS', 'Resurrection of the Daleks' and 'The Invisible Enemy' thrown in but it was still a very entertaining 45 minutes. Some nice direction and a good solid supporting cast made this a definite hit for me.

More please!

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      3:39:19 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com