New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2014 :  17:38:04  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
Apart from Moffat's obsession with relating every story to either revolving around the Dr personally or involving his past somehow that was pretty good. Some moments of real trepidation there.

It was almost an amalgamation of Moffat's other obsession: the movement glimpsed in peripheral vision, but it was extremely well directed and as I say contained some genuinely chilling moments.

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2014 :  13:55:08  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage
was okay, enjoyed it, liked the Dr nicking his coffee! Left a bit hanging though, wanted there to be a monster under ther covers and under the bed, was ready for a new species of monster....
Go to Top of Page

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2014 :  16:58:27  Show Profile
it wasn't until the end when the Tardis materialised in the barn that I felt it got interesting.. could have been so much better but I have to say I was getting bored before all that.. it ended up finishing quite well and tied in nicely with previous stories.. have to say I still preferred the Sherwood episode more.

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

Fudge
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1821 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2014 :  20:46:52  Show Profile  Visit Fudge's Homepage
I thought it was incredible. Genuinely spookey and extremely well acted. Fantastic script. Just when you think it's a sitcom/monster story two header it pulls the rug from under your feet and becomes a tale about the Doctors origins. Nice to give Capaldi a character piece so early on in his tenure. Gave him a real opportunity to show how multi-layered his performance is. I think by the end of this series he is going to be my number one Doctor. I hope he stays for a few years. I'm really enjoying this season. I haven't looked forward to each new episode so much since 2005.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:45:37 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com