Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  03:24:29  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
So, what did we think folks?

I didn't mind 'The Girl Who Died'. It wasn't as much of a silly romp as I'd feared. The aliens in their armour didn't look particularly threatening but I thought the prosthetics underneath were great. I felt Maisie Williams was underused but that was before seeing the second story. I really didn't need an explanation for the 12th being played by the same actor who was in another episode a few years back. Other than us fans, would anyone else even remember? An OK story overall but not one I'm likely to revisit anytime soon.

As for 'The Woman Who Lived', well I'm sorry but what a yawn fest. I was glad Maise Williams was underused in the previous episode, as here she seemed to be wooden and stagey. I didn't get the emotional punch of a woman who'd been alone for 800 years, living on whilst everyone she cared about grew old and died.

I actually didn't mind Rufus Hound's Sam Swift but it seemed to be his turn to be underused this episode. Not keen on the villain of the week either. Very forgettable. It seemed like the production team were off the ball in general this week. Lion guy just looked silly, direction flat and it seemed even Milk VFX had the week off and were replaced by the CBBC visual effects team!

It was however, nice to see the return of Jon Petwee's stunt double, complete with unconvincing wig, standing in for Peter Capaldi in the horse galloping sequence

I'm just hoping next weeks two part Zygon/UNIT episode pulls this season back on track.

Daleks conker and destroy

AndrewKnight
Companion

United Kingdom
175 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2015 :  18:29:28  Show Profile  Visit AndrewKnight's Homepage
Spot on, Liberator. I agree with all your points this time round.

A cosmos without The Doctor scarcely bears thinking about...
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      4:44:29 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com