New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2013 :  16:30:18  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage
Had a couple of hours spare this morning so thought I would raid the dvd cabinet and selected time warrior to watch.Great watching this again but it made me think I really don't do this enough so fully intend to watch more of the classics again.

Just wondered if other members get to view on a regular basis.

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  04:42:40  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage
I watch classic Doctor Who at least 3 times per week, that's 3 stories not 3 episodes.

Col

When you have seen the ages i have seen....................
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  06:06:56  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
I seem to dip in and out. If there's a new DVD out that week, I'll usually watch that plus exras in one night.

I can sometimes go weeks without watching any but then this past weekend, I watched the movie version and extras on The Ark In Space SE, the extras and Galaxy Four recon on The Aztecs SE and the extras and first four episodes of The Ice Warriors. I suspect the hangover I had from a rare Friday night out on the beers had something to do with me not moving from the sofa much that day

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page

Fudge
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1821 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  07:09:49  Show Profile  Visit Fudge's Homepage
I'm currently on a Who marathon. Started about a couple of years ago and am about 40% of the way through. I'm re-watching every single story, in no particular order, and giving it a mark out of ten. Completely nerdish and fan-ish I know, but I'm rather enjoying watching them this way.
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  08:20:47  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
I also watch a couple per week, but not the New Series stuff. I find that generally speaking that doesn't stand up to multiple viewings. "Dalek" is certainly an exception to that with me though.

Go to Top of Page

Ian
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1075 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  13:20:16  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage
I spend so much of my time at Dr Who events, on Dr Who forums or listening to Doctor Who audios, that hardly ever watch the show anymore. There are some stories I've not seen in 15-20 years. Some of those only when I ripped to DVD-R

I did say I'd sit down and watch everything in order this year, not even started yet!

So I might just start just after the anniversary instead.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  13:28:00  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
Hi Ian. One of the few good sides of my growing immobility is that I get time to watch stuff that I've never had the chance to before. I do envy your visits to signings etc though!

Go to Top of Page

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  14:20:35  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage
Just watched Earthshock. Now I'm getting in the mood for it I fancy watching lots more.Like the idea of a DW marathon Fudge.
Go to Top of Page

Fudge
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1821 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  14:47:40  Show Profile  Visit Fudge's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DB 2

Just watched Earthshock. Now I'm getting in the mood for it I fancy watching lots more.Like the idea of a DW marathon Fudge.

I did consider doing the 'watching in order from An Unearthly Child' thing but I knew that I would never keep it up as I find some seasons rather, lets say, challenging and I wanted the whole experience to be enjoyable and not a slog. Also, I try to never watch more than episode a day and I'm sure that adds to the enjoyment. Since I started I've found that my appreciation for the show has never been higher, and that's a nice thing to be able to say as life long fan in it's anniversary year.
Go to Top of Page

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  16:41:45  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage
Watching them again brings back so many good memories some of them I probably only watched a couple of times so I will work my way through them.No agenda just when I can.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      5:48:42 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com