New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2014 :  04:10:05  Show Profile
What a load of rubbish.. what has happened to the series.. Again I was getting bored watching this episode. The Doctor was an idiot and Clara's lovelife is beginning to get annoying.. Danny finally gets inside the Tardis and finds out about Clara's secret but there was way too much social life drama than actual reason to the episode. I just wished we had seen more of the creature which looked quite good in the glimpses we managed to see. Next weeks trailer and clips from Facebook look like it may have redeemed itself but we will see.. Sorry but this series just isn't hooking me unfortunately. I am watching each episode with an open mind and loving that we still have episodes, however am just missing actual adventure in the episodes.. Maybe I am getting old or something..

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***

frobisher
Keeper of Time

Jamaica
628 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  05:31:06  Show Profile  Visit frobisher's Homepage
No, I have to agree with this.

I've been very hesitate to give an opinion as I really rate Peter Capaldi, plus I LOVE Clara!

But this isn't working for me - the Dr is slowly starting to alienate me, even though yes he is an alien.

This was boring, this was soap opera.

Go to Top of Page

Fudge
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1821 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  09:11:02  Show Profile  Visit Fudge's Homepage
I thought it was OK but I did think to have another character piece so early on in the season was probably a bit of a mistake.

What I am missing is the full out adventure stories that were a hit in the RTD days. Stuff like Empty Child/Rise Of The Cybermen/Impossible Planet/Human Nature.

Apart from that. Capaldi is everything I hoped for, Jenna C continues to be a revelation, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Samuel Andersons character.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  11:08:16  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
The actors are great. Its the stories.

I think it was once said that almost any decent actor could be thrown into the role (who'd heard of Tom Baker prior to Who?) and, providing the stories were good, they'd sail along.

RTD did really well in my opinion. I looked forward to the Eccleston and Tennant episodes very enthusiastically, though I'd never seen either actor in anything else prior to Who. Less so with Matt Smith, though I loved the Vincent Van Gogh episode.

I feel the show is no longer aimed at me, which is fine. I can watch something else. But just who is it aimed at?

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

frobisher
Keeper of Time

Jamaica
628 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  16:48:05  Show Profile  Visit frobisher's Homepage
I think that's an extremely valid point. I'd actually been thinking along those lines myself. Take this episode for example. Say we chucked Tom at it or indeed David. Would we still be grumbling about it? Damn straight we would.

I do really rate Capaldi, but this series really needs something to hang it's hat on. Like him or not Eccleston had a couple of superb episodes - indeed Empty Child is still my fav out of all new Who, David and Matt had both great story arcs and awesome new monsters but great companion chemistry as well.

This series is rapidly turning into a damp squib for me...

Go to Top of Page

Fudge
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1821 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2014 :  14:55:28  Show Profile  Visit Fudge's Homepage
I think Moffatt's Who is made for the Box Set generation, while RTD's version was made specifically for the Saturday tea time slot. I'm not so down on this series as maybe some others, in fact I see so much potential. I think we have the strongest three leads since Eccleston, Piper and Barrowman and the quality of the directors has been phenomenal. I do think it has become a little too dark and adult themed and could be starting alienating the kids. Especially with the later time slot and scheduling it against X Factor. I don't know many kids that don't watch X Factor.
Go to Top of Page

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2014 :  18:34:00  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Whoviansdelight

What a load of rubbish.. what has happened to the series.. Again I was getting bored watching this episode. The Doctor was an idiot and Clara's lovelife is beginning to get annoying.. Danny finally gets inside the Tardis and finds out about Clara's secret but there was way too much social life drama than actual reason to the episode. I just wished we had seen more of the creature which looked quite good in the glimpses we managed to see. Next weeks trailer and clips from Facebook look like it may have redeemed itself but we will see.. Sorry but this series just isn't hooking me unfortunately. I am watching each episode with an open mind and loving that we still have episodes, however am just missing actual adventure in the episodes.. Maybe I am getting old or something..

What David said x by ten.
Go to Top of Page

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2014 :  18:35:29  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Fudge

I think Moffatt's Who is made for the Box Set generation, while RTD's version was made specifically for the Saturday tea time slot. I'm not so down on this series as maybe some others, in fact I see so much potential. I think we have the strongest three leads since Eccleston, Piper and Barrowman and the quality of the directors has been phenomenal. I do think it has become a little too dark and adult themed and could be starting alienating the kids. Especially with the later time slot and scheduling it against X Factor. I don't know many kids that don't watch X Factor.

I think you are having a laugh, it's more like Eastenders than DW.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:13:46 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com