New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rtcollector
Companion

United Kingdom
106 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2015 :  17:17:05  Show Profile  Visit rtcollector's Homepage
Yes, this is the extraordinarily rare one!

I think most people know that very few of these survived a factory fire in 1964 and even fewer have made it through the last 50 years. I can place about 6 of these in private collections, including the 2 that I have.

This one is complete and in exceptional condition, as you can see from the pictures:

Without question, this is a holy grail piece for the very serious, advanced collector. When will you see another one of these? If you have an aspiration to include something of this caliber in your collection then don't pass this up in the belief that another will show up on eBay anytime soon!

Please PM me with questions, for additional pictures, or to enquire about price. I will not be discussing price on the message board.

Regards,
Chris

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2015 :  18:12:08  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
Hi Chris
A lovely piece. I wrote about one, including the original box, which sold at auction a few years back.
I'm guessing this doesn't have the box. But still a lovely item, and thanks for posting.
Cheers
Chris

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

Lord Andy
Mastered Materializing

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2015 :  09:09:41  Show Profile
I'm probably being a bit thick here but I don't use this site very often. How do I PM you?

(Time) Lord Andy
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2015 :  09:50:32  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
Not thick at all Andy! You can email anyone, by clicking on their name in the left hand column. That brings up a box with their details.

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

exterminator
Companion

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2015 :  10:02:28  Show Profile  Visit exterminator's Homepage
That suit is in great condition! You've kept it very well.
Go to Top of Page

rtcollector
Companion

United Kingdom
106 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2015 :  12:32:18  Show Profile  Visit rtcollector's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisB

I wrote about one, including the original box, which sold at auction a few years back.
I'm guessing this doesn't have the box.

Chris

I recall when you wrote about that one. If I remember correctly it appeared in the Sun under the title "Extortionate!" It was me who bought that one and you can't imagine the reaction of my parents when the seller, who kindly delivered it to their house, showed them the article (actually, you probably can imagine the reaction!!). I've had a hard time living that down.

To answer your question, however. This one does not include the box.

Regards, Chris

Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2015 :  15:37:17  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by rtcollector

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisB

I wrote about one, including the original box, which sold at auction a few years back.
I'm guessing this doesn't have the box.

Chris

I recall when you wrote about that one. If I remember correctly it appeared in the Sun under the title "Extortionate!" It was me who bought that one and you can't imagine the reaction of my parents when the seller, who kindly delivered it to their house, showed them the article (actually, you probably can imagine the reaction!!). I've had a hard time living that down.

To answer your question, however. This one does not include the box.

Regards, Chris

Hah! That's excellent Chris. We didn't pursue finding out who the buyer was at the time, as the amount it went for, and the photos supplied by the seller, made the story work. Newspaper readers who are non-Who fans (there are still a few I've heard) had no comprehension of the rarity.

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      8:40:01 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com