New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Andy
Mastered Materializing

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2015 :  03:05:43  Show Profile
Hi all, I'm looking for a couple if the Make Your Own Adventure With Doctor Who books from the 80s. I need Doctor Who and the Space Pirates and The Dominators. I thoght I'd got the set then discovered I'm short these two. It's driving my whOCD crazy

(Time) Lord Andy

joelsanford
Mastered Materializing

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2015 :  13:46:48  Show Profile  Visit joelsanford's Homepage
The Dominators was renamed as the Invasion of the Ormazoids and the Space pirates renamed Mission to Venus according to the article below. So not sure if you are looking for the published titles or thought there were 2 further releases

http://doctorwho.org.nz/archive/tsv31/dilemma.html

Alden Bates has two questions about the Make Your Own Adventure books covered in the Slap On A Doctor Who Logo article last issue. His copy of Search for the Doctor lists The Dominators and Doctor Who and the Space Pirates as part of the six book series but not Invasion of the Ormazoids or Mission to Venus. Why? Alden also wants to know how many editions of the books were released by the American publishers, Ballantine. The Dominators became The Ormazoids in order to avoid confusing it with the 1984 Target novelisation of the same name. Although The Space Pirates wasn't novelised until 1990, the BBC probably pointed out to the publishers of the Make Your Own Adventure books that there was a Doctor Who story of that name yet to be novelised, so the MYO book was renamed Mission to Venus. As for the American versions all six books were released in the States, but with different cover artwork, and under the heading 'Find Your Fate' rather than Make Your Own Adventure.

regards
jason
Go to Top of Page

Lord Andy
Mastered Materializing

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2015 :  02:53:35  Show Profile
Hi Joel

Thanks for getting back to me. I thought they were two different titles, couldn't figure out why they were listed as part of the series at the front of the books. Pple had told me there were six titles. Thanks for explaining it - now I can go and update my Whosum spreasd sheet. :0)

(Time) Lord Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:54:26 PM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com