personally i am going to miss him
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/misc/news/

"Thank you Mrs Jones........Mr saxon will be very Grateful"

alanperciwho
Chancellor

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2008 :  05:18:02  Show Profile  Visit alanperciwho's Homepage
I think Tennant has grown bigger than the role. I wish him well for the future. How long before we get outlandish rumours of his replacement?
Go to Top of Page

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2008 :  13:34:00  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage
i have said it before, and i am saying it again, if i had the choice of an episode being returned or no more new episodes being made, returned episode for me please. im not bothered he is leaving, he will have many fine parts to come im sure, as he has had before.

regards

Col

When you have seen the ages i have seen....................
Go to Top of Page

dalekduck
DalekDuck Supreme

United Kingdom
1545 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2008 :  15:12:35  Show Profile  Visit dalekduck's Homepage
I loved it when asked if he would ever come back and play the Doctor again,
“When I got the role they asked when was I leaving, now I have said I’m leaving they are asking will I ever come back!” Brilliant, I’m not at all surprised we have 5 more stories to go good on him for doing it for so long and so that’s a years worth of press speculation as to who Doctor 11 will be…

BEWARE THE WEEPING ANGEL! OH, AND DALEKDUCK!
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2008 :  15:35:42  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
No disrespect to Mr Tennant, 'cause he's been a great ambassador for the show, but apart from RTD leaving this is the best news I've had about the show since it's revival.

The Who Old Guard on here know that the series relies on change and diversity of personnel (actors and otherwise) to survive, and I welcome this regeneration.

I'm not too bothered about who gets the role: it's the new blood that is important to me.

Thank you Mr Tennant. Long Live Who!!!

Go to Top of Page

Imperial Emperor
Chancellor

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2008 :  15:38:58  Show Profile  Visit Imperial Emperor's Homepage
This truly is a sad day for DT fans everywhere. Although i suppose his statement is reasonable and understandable. Let me say on behalf of everyone here, David you truly have been a star. We have loved watching you run about in your suit and converses and loved watching you bring an entirely new, enjoyable and enigmatic persona of the Doctor. I better end this speech now before i start blubbing

WE LOVE YOU DAVID

Go! Go! Dalek Rangers!
Go to Top of Page

darthwho
Timelord

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2008 :  18:00:39  Show Profile  Visit darthwho's Homepage

I am very sad about this news - not suprised, but sad.

I doubt they will find anyone to better Mr Tennant although I would love to be proven wrong. I just hope they don't go down the avenue I fear they may in finding a his replacement.......

I firmly believe we will only truly appreciate the quality David brought to the role when we've measured it against his successor(s) -

just airing my opinion, that all........

Go to Top of Page

dalekduck
DalekDuck Supreme

United Kingdom
1545 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2008 :  20:44:26  Show Profile  Visit dalekduck's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by darthwho

I doubt they will find anyone to better Mr Tennant although I would love to be proven wrong. I just hope they don't go down the avenue I fear they may in finding a his replacement.......

I firmly believe we will only truly appreciate the quality David brought to the role when we've measured it against his successor(s) -

I hear you on that! Fingers crossed!

Go to Top of Page

Mr Saxon
Chancellor

United Kingdom
635 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2008 :  04:03:15  Show Profile  Visit Mr Saxon's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by dalekduck

quote:
Originally posted by darthwho

I hear you on that! Fingers crossed!

Fingers Crossed here too!

"Thank you Mrs Jones........Mr saxon will be very Grateful"
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2008 :  06:01:17  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
No actor is bigger than the role. However good Mr Tennant was, he can (and will) be replaced in the same way as as his many worthy predecessors.

Go to Top of Page

dalekduck
DalekDuck Supreme

United Kingdom
1545 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2008 :  06:39:21  Show Profile  Visit dalekduck's Homepage
I’m not sure about the rest of you, but I always have this idea in the back of my mind that they will be leaving at some point… So I am not surprised at this announcement, it’s a shame to see him go because I have/ am enjoying his tenure (Oh, I like that! Tennants Tenth Tenure!) I have enjoyed all aspects of the show but the thing that won me over more than anything has been they way he has been a spokesperson for the show, lets not forget all the work he has done for that as well. When this adventure stated back in 2005 we were greeted with a Doctor who had an ‘interesting’ slant on the character… who had an ‘interesting’ approach to the press (I still laugh at how uncomfortable he looked on Doctor Who Mastermind!) Then Tennant came along, a guy that was happy to talk about his devotion to the show (I’m still moved at his speech in Time Crash because he means it) and made the show accessible to all age groups. Yes, I hope they make the right choice of actor for Doc 11 but I also hope that HE will be as approachable as his predecessor.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Edited by - dalekduck on 31 Oct 2008 06:46:32
Go to Top of Page

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2009 :  16:28:52  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan

No actor is bigger than the role. However good Mr Tennant was, he can (and will) be replaced in the same way as as his many worthy predecessors.

Well said, although I admire Tennant's potrayal of the role he was far too human for my taste and apologised too much. Now that's fine if it's the 10th Docs character, but I'm hoping the new man will be a little more alien and a little less of a bleeding heart.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      4:00:24 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com