Quiet on here...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TimelordTaylor
Chancellor

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2018 :  14:41:06  Show Profile  Visit TimelordTaylor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just logged back in for the first time in, admittedly quite a while, but surprised to see how quiet the forum is these days!!! I remember when it was a thriving community, nearly every time I logged in (and I use to daily) there was always something new to see and comment on. I knew there was always someone on hand who could always give expert advice on most areas of collecting and there was a real family feel to this forum that others lacked.

Hopefully times will change.

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2018 :  20:17:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
unfortunately Facebook has stolen a lot of forums with their groups. there is a Richardwho FB page as well..

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

TimelordTaylor
Chancellor

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2018 :  21:37:13  Show Profile  Visit TimelordTaylor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea I thought as much. I’m on the RW FB page too and I’m friends with a few of the other collectors from here.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2018 :  09:51:21  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Facebook posts seem to get lost quickly as the days pass, getting shoved down the queue.

I personally prefer this forum. But then I'm old.

This site's overwhelming strength remains the collector galleries, still used as a resource by writers, reporters, tv researchers etc.

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

TimelordTaylor
Chancellor

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2018 :  20:54:04  Show Profile  Visit TimelordTaylor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I’m definitely with you on preferring this forum to FB. With FB it’s easy to miss something, here it’s nice and relaxed and you can take your time.
Go to Top of Page

silverspike
Mastered Materializing

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2019 :  12:08:24  Show Profile  Visit silverspike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I for one can't stand bloody Facebook. I simply can't stand the place. I joined and then left within the week.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2019 :  20:37:38  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately Sue, while thousands hate Facebook (and much of social media generally!), millions love it.

I've tried to keep these original forums going, but, as you can see, it isn't working.

That's not to say I don't still monitor these boards, and will put in Ebay items of interest, and anything else I can think of, when I can.

It also think its NO help at all when the BBC decide to keep Who off our screens for a year. Madness. Keep well.

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:32:22 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com