and another Target cover!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2018 :  19:29:56  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very pleased to get this as an early Xmas pressie -The Twin Dilemma by Andrew Skilleter original painting, Virgin blue spine reprint, absolutely stunning artwork, much much better than the reproductions on book and BBC video cover! Two for the price of one. Good price too, the high bidder reneged and I got a 2nd chance offer.
I've now got 5 different pics by Andrew from this story..
(This one, sketch of Colin close up for the original unused cover, 2 sketches for the first Target edition, Jacondan sketch from the one I've just got)

That's 3 Jeremy!

Edited by - duralinium1 on 22 Nov 2018 19:51:37

dalej
Target Art Curator

1890 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2018 :  01:29:45  Show Profile  Visit dalej's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, I didn't renege on the bid, as the reserve was not met, I was offered the artwork after the auction ended as the seller contacted me about it and I turned it down, I just want you to have the facts right okay ? I am happy a fellow collector acquired it , all the best.
Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2018 :  16:23:13  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
okay, thanks for putting the facts right. didn't mean to impugn you!
Go to Top of Page

dalej
Target Art Curator

1890 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2018 :  18:33:15  Show Profile  Visit dalej's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No problem, I am happy you acquired this lovely artwork , nice to know a fellow passionate collector has added another gem to the collection ! Best of luck with the collecting :)
Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2018 :  13:01:31  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thank you
Go to Top of Page

the_narrator
The Autograph Moderator

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2018 :  00:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Isn't it nice to see this site is so civilized any where else and they would be ripping each others heads off.

Dead Jealous BTW lol I think I have the original Colin head shot book cover proof some where you know the one that got changed.

This is the day the Timelords returned....
For Gallifrey....
For Victory....
For The End Of Time Itself....!!!
Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2018 :  19:46:54  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well said, we gentlemen are a dying breed, that's the proof I've got the rough sketch for I think, close up of Colin
Go to Top of Page

dalej
Target Art Curator

1890 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2018 :  21:34:18  Show Profile  Visit dalej's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you " The Narrator " for the kind remarks, at the end of the day I respect and admire the endeavors of other collectors to obtain that special piece of artwork for their collection.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy
Chancellor

United Kingdom
601 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2018 :  13:34:01  Show Profile  Visit Jeremy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice one David, glad it's gone to a good home.

Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2018 :  23:08:56  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thank you Jeremy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      5:19:53 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com