New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

1333 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  11:05:03  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Childish reason for posting if you ask me.

Where's the Kaboom?......There was supposed to be an Earth shattering Kaboom!
Go to Top of Page

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  12:14:59  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Doesent really mean a thing, but it is fun to see peoples made up ones, but this site is about collecting Dr Who stuff and thats what the boards are for, not the ins and outs of PC netiquete.

Col

When you have seen the ages i have seen....................
Go to Top of Page

Richard
Lord Vice President

USA
2530 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  12:26:46  Show Profile  Visit Richard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by koollectablz

I like the ranking system very much and find it a matter of deep personal regret that shockeye and others have more posts than me.

I also try to post at least one comment on every thread and particularly like the fact that it annoys others should I succeed in doing so.

What a waste of resources, to post just to make your numbers go up. If you have something to contribute to a thread then please do so. But if you don't have anything, don't clog up the conversation with meaningless entries just to see your count go up.

Richard - Fiddling the knobs of time.
Go to Top of Page

koollectablz
The Great Intelligence

Congo, Democratic Republic of
920 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  13:10:49  Show Profile  Visit koollectablz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hands up anyone else with a SOH bypass?

Congo kitten is dead.
Go to Top of Page

krycek985
Double Agent

United Kingdom
656 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2007 :  12:37:26  Show Profile  Visit krycek985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think if people read this they will automatically be put off posting as they think "will someone be watching my count post ? Is my view worth the agro? "

We will give you immortality.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2087 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2007 :  12:47:18  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The thing is sometimes the members with no 1 count or very little are the ones that bring new ideas and debates to the table. So I for one look for the name and not the count. It wasnt that long ago that a new member on here showed us his pictures of the wonderful orginal cyberman suit etc. He had no count, but boy seeing those pictures was a real highlight and an education
Go to Top of Page

The Master
Renegade Timelord

Argentina
1656 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2007 :  21:19:47  Show Profile  Visit The Master's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think everyones making too big of a deal about this. I enjoy it personally, I dont think its that big of a deal, most people probably ignore it. Its just good fun, no sence in changing it! I enjoy seeing what others choose as well when they hit that 500 mark.

"I am The Master... and you will obey me!"

Go to Top of Page

koollectablz
The Great Intelligence

Congo, Democratic Republic of
920 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2007 :  18:16:22  Show Profile  Visit koollectablz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You know, the more I think about this topic and the responses herein - the more its starting to nark me.

And for the actual owner of the site to say that we shouldn't have 'pointless' posts and clog up the conversation is, frankly, shocking (well as shocking as an internet chat board ever can be - which admittedly is not a great deal).

Guess what? The 'pointless' posts are the conversation! Its suppose to be fun!

It must be plain to anyone with half a brain to realise that the majority of my posts are very definitely tongue in cheek, yet many of them are deleted for really no real reason. And I assume I'm not the only one.

But, yes I know, if I don't like it, I know what I can do...

Well you know what - I think I will.

Congo kitten is dead.
Go to Top of Page

Field_Major_Styre
Timelord

United Kingdom
353 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2007 :  19:46:31  Show Profile  Visit Field_Major_Styre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the conversations, random or not;
it gives me a little bit of a boost to an otherwise
routine day.

I'm not fussed about counts and stuff.

When I started, I recognised people by the signatures,
and style of responses to the threads.

A good signature, a good logo and a good sense of humour...

Let's keep it real.

Come on Ace, we have work to do.
Go to Top of Page

Richard
Lord Vice President

USA
2530 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2007 :  07:43:13  Show Profile  Visit Richard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by koollectablz

You know, the more I think about this topic and the responses herein - the more its starting to nark me.

And for the actual owner of the site to say that we shouldn't have 'pointless' posts and clog up the conversation is, frankly, shocking (well as shocking as an internet chat board ever can be - which admittedly is not a great deal).

Guess what? The 'pointless' posts are the conversation! Its suppose to be fun!

It must be plain to anyone with half a brain to realize that the majority of my posts are very definitely tongue in cheek, yet many of them are deleted for really no real reason. And I assume I'm not the only one.

But, yes I know, if I don't like it, I know what I can do...

Well you know what - I think I will.

It may be true that you must have half a brain to realize your posts are intended as humor. Unfortunately I have a full size brain that finds meaningful conversations about collecting filled with one liners distracting. Maybe what we need is a Stand up Comedy Section on the board for the "tongue in cheek" stuff and leave the meaningful conversations to the rest of the board.

Richard - Fiddling the knobs of time.
Go to Top of Page

krycek985
Double Agent

United Kingdom
656 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  18:12:49  Show Profile  Visit krycek985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any chance I could have the title of Double Agent ? Nothing to do with Doctor Who but instead the X Files .

Go to Top of Page

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  18:16:19  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Done

Go to Top of Page

krycek985
Double Agent

United Kingdom
656 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  18:17:34  Show Profile  Visit krycek985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks .

Go to Top of Page

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2009 :  03:33:39  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage  Reply with Quote
May I have 'Cosmic Hobo' please?
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2009 :  03:59:47  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul

May I have 'Cosmic Hobo' please?

Good choice!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2009 :  10:41:20  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Consider it done.

well done on the posts.

all the very best#

Col

Go to Top of Page

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2009 :  15:06:38  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Col

Consider it done.

well done on the posts.

all the very best#

Col

Thanks Col!
Go to Top of Page

Iwho
Chancellor

569 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2010 :  18:15:21  Show Profile  Visit Iwho's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well amazingly I've reached 500 posts on this id without being banned.

I know, I'm shocked too

So can I have the title 'Out of Time' please?

Edison and the Minnows
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:32:27 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com