Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 2

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2008 :  04:52:34  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd like to use this thread as in inventory of the different scenes found on your cards. I'll be posting mine shortly.

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many different image cards there are? I reckon about 350, allowing for duplications. I could, however, be way out...

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2008 :  05:09:26  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A roughly 350 different images makes it one of the more colletable cards from this set. You can just get the one or go for as many different images you can find.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2008 :  05:57:44  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck

A roughly 350 different images makes it one of the more colletable cards from this set. You can just get the one or go for as many different images you can find.

Agree with you absolutely, Craig. Question is: does just one make up a Master set, or would one need all the variants??!!

Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2008 :  06:18:54  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan

quote:

Agree with you absolutely, Craig. Question is: does just one make up a Master set, or would one need all the variants??!!

I think one would do for a master set otherwise it would be like saying you needed every sketch card for a mater set.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2008 :  06:21:41  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I think that's my philosophy too. Much easier that way. But as you say, it's adds a nice extra dimension to the collecting of the set...

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2008 :  16:41:37  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm probably going to keep 9 film clips back for my master set just because they look good together on a binder page!!! I'm also keeping 3 redemption cards so on my auto page I'll have A1-3 with their redemption cards beneath, then A4-5 along the bottom with a promo to fill the last pocket.
Go to Top of Page

Ian
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1075 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2008 :  19:16:16  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How many frames would you say are used in the making of a card? It looks like 1 and 2 halves to me, but it could be 3 whole frames depending on how they are mounted.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2008 :  04:31:14  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

How many frames would you say are used in the making of a card? It looks like 1 and 2 halves to me, but it could be 3 whole frames depending on how they are mounted.

Hi Ian. I think someone would have to pull a card apart to answer that one.

Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2008 :  08:58:45  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got two movie clips from my boxes and would like to get a few more. Heres the two I got. Plus more as I get them.

Edited by - sittin9duck on 25 Dec 2008 05:16:18
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2008 :  04:10:46  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beautifully scanned, Craig. Sadly I'm having trouble scanning mine, but I'm working on it...any hints please on how you reproduced them so well??

Edited by - Dalekfan on 04 Dec 2008 04:56:36
Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2008 :  05:09:05  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My scanner can scan slides so I used that feature to scan the cards. It has a light box in the lid so you can do negatives and slides etc. So it will depent on your scanner.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2008 :  06:09:57  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah right. Thanks Craig. Mine too has a light box but sadly the cards don't fit in: only slides do....

Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2008 :  06:39:51  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You could try leaving the lid up and put a tourch on the back of the card. You might have to use a thin piece of paper or tracing paper inbetween to defuse the light.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2008 :  07:02:23  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll give it a go. Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2008 :  08:54:34  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will edit and add new film clip to the first post so they are all together. Added new one today, thanks Jason.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2008 :  09:20:07  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice Craig. I likes Daleks!

I'll have a play with my scanner at the weekend and make a concerted effort to get some of mine into this thread asap.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2008 :  06:15:26  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still no luck with the scanner. I shall persevere, however.

Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2008 :  08:13:14  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a play around with my scanner and rescaned my cards. I have reposted them and added 3 new ones that came today. It took forever to find a setting I was happy with.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2008 :  08:35:28  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah, well at least I know its not an absolute doddle, if you've had to work at it too, Craig.

I don't personally think there's anything near like 350 different images: there are far too many duplicates turning up already. If the 1000 total is correct, I reckon it's nearer to 100...

Edited by - Dalekfan on 19 Dec 2008 08:39:45
Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2008 :  09:08:16  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan

Ah, well at least I know its not an absolute doddle, if you've had to work at it too, Craig.

I don't personally think there's anything near like 350 different images: there are far too many duplicates turning up already. If the 1000 total is correct, I reckon it's nearer to 100...

It was a doddle to scan them when the auto scan worked. The problem was my scanner started to keep saying it was a negative so I had to scan manually and find the right settings. The scans were all different sizes until I worked out the setting I wanted to use.

Two of my movie clips look like they are from the same scene but they could be minutes between them with different action between them.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  05:13:39  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I've finally sussed it. Here we go. I'll update as and when I have the time:

Edited by - Dalekfan on 23 Apr 2009 07:09:06
Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  05:56:53  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am glad you figured it out. The best clip cards are the ones with the main frame in the centre so you can view them properly. The invasion one does seem to be rarer than the dalek ones. How many have you got?

Go to Top of Page

Ian
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1075 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  08:59:19  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I've got a frame of that scene too (though I've shown yours)

Go to Top of Page

bjblackpool
Companion

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  22:52:24  Show Profile  Visit bjblackpool's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's my two so far (both from DIE)

Apologies for the truly awful quality of the scans.
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2008 :  04:16:14  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for posting those. I know from experience how difficult they are to scan, so no need to apologise!

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2008 :  11:29:20  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
The invasion one does seem to be rarer than the dalek ones.

Not from my experience: they're just about 50/50.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic   
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      5:48:06 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com