The Zygon Invasion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2015 :  15:59:24  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed both parts of this story. Great performances from all of the cast and a really good script.

One size does NOT fit all

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2015 :  04:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loved both parts also. Hey the Zygons returned.. whats not to love about it..

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

alanperciwho
Chancellor

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2015 :  05:26:13  Show Profile  Visit alanperciwho's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is turning out to be a very good series indeed. Watched both parts back to back yesterday and enjoyed part one again on the second viewing.
Go to Top of Page

The Saint
Obtained a Time Capsule

74 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2015 :  10:47:54  Show Profile  Visit The Saint's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well a definite improvement, while lacking the menace of the 4th Dr. story, this was an interesting idea, with Capaldi giving his best performance yet.Let's lose the annoying Guitar, and sonic specs though. 7/10
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2015 :  14:49:44  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think Peter Capaldi was born to play this part.

And what a tribute to the original Zygon designer, that they've hardly changed at all since Tom's day.

A truly classic alien

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2015 :  13:00:55  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
enjoyed it, 2 Harry references. and five rounds rapid!
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2015 :  14:22:10  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Probably the best of the season so far. Shame it was painfully obvious they only had two Zygon costumes and having re-watched Terror of the Zygons between episodes, they're not nearly as effective as the originals from 40-odd years ago.

I thought Jenna put in a cracking performance as Bonnie/Zygella but surely Peter's got to be up for a best actor award of some kind for that performance in part two!

Anyone else finding the lack of Clara odd, considering it's her final season? She only popped up for the last scene in 'The Woman Who Lived' and spent most of her time stuck in a pod for the Zygon two parter. I might be reading more in to it than I should but the part where the Doctor said that thinking Clara was dead was "the longest month of my life" seemed odd and I wondered if it was sowing the seeds for a later revelation... Or I might just be barking up the wrong tree ;-)

As for the guitar; I quite like it myself and can live with the specs for now but I'm hoping for a new screwdriver before the end of the season. Or perhaps Christmas?

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      2:29:14 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com