Krynoid pod Seeds of Doom
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Darren
Obtained a Time Capsule

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2016 :  05:14:11  Show Profile  Visit Darren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone know how much this went for and who now has it?
http://www.thepropgallery.com/krynoid-pod-the-seeds-of-doom
Its a great little prop, from a great story, from a great era.

Cheers
Darren

AlexF
Mastered Materializing

38 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2016 :  06:50:21  Show Profile  Visit AlexF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was for sale on their website for £4,995 but was very quickly sold. Great piece
Go to Top of Page

Darren
Obtained a Time Capsule

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2016 :  06:31:49  Show Profile  Visit Darren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good grief! That's a lot of money!
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Chancellor

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2016 :  17:50:16  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi Darren
it actually sold for more than that , as i know the guy that bought it .
All the BEST
Mick

The Dalek Maniac .... KEEPER OF THE GENESIS ARK
Go to Top of Page

Darren
Obtained a Time Capsule

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2016 :  04:50:45  Show Profile  Visit Darren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Mick,

Wow more than that! The Hinchcliffe era is such a great era and I'm sure there isn't much that survived. I would love to know what's still out there from season 12, 13 and 14.
Thanks for the reply.

Cheers
Darren
Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2016 :  17:36:46  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
me too, my fave era! think season 13 is my utter fave tho, Zygons to Doom, wow...didn't someone on here have the Drs pocket detector device from Pyramids...?
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2016 :  22:46:28  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes David. I had it for a year.

A relatively simple, yet beautiful small prop which I loved. Built by one of our heroes, Ian Scoones.

It also popped up in one episode of Blake's 7.

But sadly it either went with the 'great prop swap' to get Dalek 1-7, or some other deal.

Can't reach that part of my time vortex (mind) to recall.

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2016 :  22:56:05  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sad you had to part with it Chris!
Go to Top of Page

Richard Bignell
Chancellor

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2016 :  07:54:40  Show Profile  Visit Richard Bignell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Pyramids signal receiver was mine originally. I went to interview Ian back around 1990 as he only lived a couple of miles away from me, and he let me keep five different hand props - the one from Pyramids, one from Colony, two from City of Death and one from the first episode of B7.

I parted company with the Pyramids prop ten years ago when I sold it to Jay on eBay to help pay for my wedding!

Edited by - Richard Bignell on 24 Oct 2016 19:33:38
Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2016 :  18:10:40  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, that's amazing
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      3:20:15 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com