Krynoid and Exxilon Priest - Longleat 83 photo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gallifreyancostumes
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2016 :  16:48:23  Show Profile  Visit gallifreyancostumes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

I remember a thread on this site where someone (I think Richard Bignell) had posted a photo taken at Longleat of the above two costumes being worn after they had been won at the auction.

Unfortunately by the time I saw the post the link to the photo was dead - and now the thread appears to have gone.

Did anyone take a copy of the photo - or Richard himself - that could be shared on the site again? I'd love to see it.

Gallifreyan Costumes

Richard Bignell
Chancellor

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2016 :  11:58:14  Show Profile  Visit Richard Bignell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll see if I can dig it out again for you.
Go to Top of Page

gallifreyancostumes
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2016 :  21:55:03  Show Profile  Visit gallifreyancostumes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That would be great, Richard, thanks

Gallifreyan Costumes

Go to Top of Page

Richard Bignell
Chancellor

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  11:10:58  Show Profile  Visit Richard Bignell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's the photo taken in the tent camp at Longleat 83.

My friend Chris King is on the left in the Krynoid costume that I bought at the auction (now happily living in Lancashire). Nigel Blackman is on the right in his Exxilon costume (no longer in existence - it got damp in storage and rotted away).

Edited by - Richard Bignell on 31 Oct 2016 11:11:47
Go to Top of Page

gallifreyancostumes
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  22:59:07  Show Profile  Visit gallifreyancostumes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Marvellous, Richard. I don't remember the Exxilon wearing a woolly hat on screen, but the memory cheats :-)

On a serious note, it's a shame that the Exxilon costume is no more.

Was it lot 248 "Exxilon High Priest" (sold on day 1) or lot 252 "Exxilon costume" (sold on day 2)?

If I remember correctly, the High Priest costume was stained red on the top half, which your photo suggests.

Thanks for digging out the photo.

Gallifreyan Costumes

Edited by - gallifreyancostumes on 31 Oct 2016 23:41:11
Go to Top of Page

Richard Bignell
Chancellor

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2016 :  17:05:06  Show Profile  Visit Richard Bignell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Exxilon is a cold planet, mate. They need those woolly hats!

Yes, it was Lot 248, the High Priest costume, auction by Jon Pertwee. Nigel loved the Third Doctor era, so it was a double-whammy for him.

Chris bought the Kraag Carrier Ship. What a nightmare it was trying to sleep in a small two-man tent with that down the far end!

Edited by - Richard Bignell on 01 Nov 2016 17:06:35
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2016 :  22:33:03  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So wish I'd been there.

Thanks Richard for sharing the memories.

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

gallifreyancostumes
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2016 :  16:08:07  Show Profile  Visit gallifreyancostumes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the confirmation, Richard. That's another Longleat 83 costume mentally ticked off!

Chris, I was there in the auction tent on the first day and it's become one of my treasured memories from my teenage years. Hence me tracking down information and pictures on the props that were sold

Gallifreyan Costumes

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      5:21:40 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com