New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2013 :  03:48:24  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
I've been watching this (once) orphan episode on a regular basis for over 30 years, simply because I always considered it to be Troughton at it's best, plus it was one of the first episodes I ever got on VHS (I thought that all 60s Who would be as good, but that's another story!).
Anyway, watching it again now after having seen most of the rest of the story, whilst it's still brilliant, it's a completely different episode knowing what is to follow. The characters seem different, and the "build up feel" has a different slant to it.
I hope you know what I mean, but I would be interested to hear the thoughts of any other Who stalwarts who have been watching this episode for a similar amount of time?

frobisher
Keeper of Time

Jamaica
628 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  15:46:08  Show Profile  Visit frobisher's Homepage
Sorry I've only jus read this.

I totally get what you're saying.

Now I'll have to come out and say it - Web of Fear is my all time fav target novelisation and I adore the story.

I've seen ep one quite a few times and I'd kind of build up the rest of the eps in my head for years. When I heard that nearly all the remaining were to be returned I was ecstatic but then I went a bit weirdly worried that they wouldn't be as good as I'd made them in my head.

Thankfully this really is Troughton at his best - helps I think the great intelligence and the Yetis are awesome monsters too.

But yea to turn back to your point seeing the rest really does put a different spin on ep one.

Really interesting slant tbh.

Go to Top of Page

roytromlley
Timelord

United Kingdom
309 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2014 :  04:20:47  Show Profile  Visit roytromlley's Homepage
Totally agree Dalekfan.

I've reviewed Web here if you are interested:

http://www.roytromlley.co.uk

Keeping my eyes open and my mouth shut.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      2:29:49 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com