Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dalek501
Mastered Materializing

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2014 :  10:44:29  Show Profile  Visit dalek501's Homepage
Hi,

If you follow us (Dalek6388) on Facebook or Twitter you may be aware that we are currently researching the exhibition Daleks. Well, its my little pet side project while we also work away at the New Series props!

I have been checking out all the images I can find here and elsewhere on the net and people have been very generous in passing on their pictures. But we seem to have a little gap in the very early years. Does anyone have any pictures of the Daleks at Middlesbrough Town Hall where they had moved to after the Science Museum exhibition closed? I've also read that this exhibition moved to Liverpool for a short time before ending up as the permanent Blackpool exhibition. Can anyone confirm that as there seems to be very little info on that around. It doesn't seem to be widely known. Pictures of Blackpool from 74-77 ish would also be very useful as this era again doesn't seem to be widely covered.

I'm also interested in people's memories of any the exhibitions including Longleat as I'm trying to get an overall picture of the Daleks in their displays. What other monsters were there and how they moved etc.

I've checked out a sound and still picture video of the Blackpool exhibition on youtube and I can tell that Michael Wisher voiced the Daleks there. But does anyone know if the same track was used for the Sentinel Dalek at Longleat or was it something different?

Any help you can give would be much appreciated!

Regards, Jon Green
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      2:05:56 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com