New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2014 :  09:53:16  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage
That was super, everything the programme should be about, funny scary, v enjoyable!

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2014 :  12:53:03  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage
I've got to agree. Good story, well scripted and paced for a 45-minute episode and with some fantastically creepy effects. Great performances too, with the Doctor and Clara finally starting to gel. If this episode hadn't been up to scratch then my wife would've probably stopped watching after this week.
Go to Top of Page

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  17:02:30  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage
Watched it today and yes it was another good episode.Loved the bits where the DR was looking out of the small tardis and talking to Clara.Good effects,good story this is what we have been waiting for.
Go to Top of Page

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2014 :  06:09:32  Show Profile
I agree.. was another cracking episode. I really love Clara as a character and Jenna does a fab job of her and while this was another of her in the lead, Peter came across much better for me.. hope the rest of the season goes well, though still not liking the Missy thing..

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2014 :  16:05:02  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
Yes, I was more than OK with that episode.

Though I must get picky about vis effects and wonder why the shrinking tardis (especially the tiny one) didn't manage to duplicate the full-size version.

But overall very good and original. Capaldi is excellent.

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  14:30:13  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
You're not the only one who was annoyed by the different scale TARDIS' not matching. Being in the visual effects game myself, I wouldn't have let it out of my hands until I'd at least made a stab at matching the window panes and paintwork.

As for the episode; it was another good one I'm pleased to say. I was worried about it being another 'Fear Her' but it actually had a lot going for it. I especially liked the creatures manifestation in 3D form and the attack on the Policewoman was very well done.

I also finally see why Capaldi's Doctor has taken me so long to get a handle on. They made him a git deliberately for the first half of the season to contrast with Clara's more humane approach to people and situations. It hammers home the realisation that she's becoming more like the Doctor in her attitudes, as seen in this episode.

I'm trying to like Danny but he must be an idiot if he doesn't suspect something's going on after that phone call! Panting, shouting and the sound of shattering glass would surely make even the slowest individual put two and two together but I'm guessing he won't suspect a thing next time we see him. Shame.

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page

alanperciwho
Chancellor

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2014 :  05:33:23  Show Profile  Visit alanperciwho's Homepage
An excellent story. Possibly my favourite so far this series. My children thoroughly enjoyed it too. There is a company somewhere producing a Tardis where you can stick your hand through ala Capaldi. That or the flatline action figure should have a great accessory.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      2:52:27 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com