New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2014 :  18:53:27  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
I sort of got it, I think. Lots of money spent on cgi and trees and bushes.

And how does the world's population just forget about the forests appearance and disappearance? Or don't they....or have I (as usual) missed something there

Not one I'd describe as outstanding, or wish to watch again. Continued fine acting from Mr C.

Chris Balcombe

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2014 :  03:11:09  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
Hmm, yeah...

The season duffer for me. Felt more like an episode of The Sarah Jane Adventures

I thought the little girl playing Maebh was quite good and some well played scenes but there was never any feeling of threat. My major gripe with the episode is the thinly disguised papering over the cracks of implausibility.

Two teachers, a handful of children and a defoliation crew are the only people around in central London.

Once you scare off a tiger with a torch, there's no need to worry about it ever again. You can lean on a fence and joke with your girlfriend, safe in the knowledge that it won't be lurking in the undergrowth, waiting to snatch one of the children in your care.

A Mum aimlessly riding around a forested London on a bike will find her daughter without too much fuss, even though she's a good couple of miles away from where she's supposed to be (the museum).

What the hell happened to Maebh's sister? Did she run away? Did the trees abduct her? Or was that a game of extreme hide and seek she was playing, hiding in a bush for a year?

On the plus side; next weeks trailer looks good and I've seen a publicity still with the Doctor holding an Invasion style Cyber head! Handles II perhaps?

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2014 :  03:27:07  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Liberator

What the hell happened to Maebh's sister? Did she run away? Did the trees abduct her? Or was that a game of extreme hide and seek she was playing, hiding in a bush for a year?

Hah! I'd forgotten that bit. I'm watching the episodes but really not remembering much from most of them. In my book that's a sure sign that I'm really not finding them interesting.

Ah well, as you say, onwards and upwards....why not bring back a popular monster quickly.....oh....they are

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2014 :  16:27:36  Show Profile
I enjoyed this one. Was sort of a school lesson as well as a good story.. Regarding the missing sister being inside the plant, there was mention by the mum when she was on the phone just before she opened the main door and discovered the forest, that the neighbours had planted some bush without their approval a year ago (which would coincide with the daughters disappearance. I know there was no reason behind it fully but I guess she/the plants were part of the big plan to save earth.. who knows in the whoniverse of things..

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

alanperciwho
Chancellor

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2014 :  05:35:27  Show Profile  Visit alanperciwho's Homepage
Not that great. Bit fairytale. Didn't like Maeve wafting her arms around, or her Mum. More should have been put in the episode for Missy in the build up to the two part finale as the storyline was pretty weak.
Go to Top of Page

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2014 :  16:33:52  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage
A lot of money spent on some great effects but a poor episode.Not the greatest story,bit silly in places and the arm waving did my head in.A bit disappointed as I liked the last two episodes just hope next weeks is better.
Go to Top of Page

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2014 :  07:03:51  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
I don't really care about DW anymore it has hit the bottom of an exceedingly deep manure pile under Moffat. And judging by the lack of contributions to what used to be a flourishing forum, I'm not alone.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      2:53:42 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com