New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2015 :  19:25:06  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage
well that's much better, good old fashioned dr who story, well written genuinely scary, looking forward to next week, haven't said that for ages. Everything the show should be all the time, without the deadening hand of the Moff...

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2015 :  03:30:58  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
Yes, agreed. A good old 'base under siege' story that felt like it could have been written for the classic series. Good to see the Doctor in charge with Clara in support, rather than the other way around. I could almost picture Tom Baker and Elizabeth Sladen in the roles

I'm liking the idea this season that you don't know whether or not you're going to get a cliffhanger. It seemed like all was going to be wrapped up when the Doctor entered the Faraday cage with the ghosts. Then the flood hit and you knew there had to be a cliffhanger. And what a great one it was too!

So far, I'm enjoying this season so much more than the last one.even after twelve episodes and a Christmas special, I still hadn't really warmed to Capaldi's Doctor. This time however, he's had me since the first episode!

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2015 :  05:29:36  Show Profile
I agree, this season so far is really shaping up well. Not sure if it is the 2 parters that are fleshing out stories more or if the actual stories are way better but I to am really warming up to the new Dr. I have always been a fan of Clara but their first season he was just too annoying while this season he is on form.. cant wait till next week either ..

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2015 :  19:37:11  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage
those cue cards were hilarious!
Go to Top of Page

alanperciwho
Chancellor

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2015 :  06:30:42  Show Profile  Visit alanperciwho's Homepage
Best episode for years. Love base under siege and this was executed brilliantly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      5:00:38 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com