New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LMS
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2013 :  14:05:05  Show Profile  Visit LMS's Homepage
Sat in the cinema in Manchester about to watch this. I love doctor who dearly but my god there are some strange people here!

Mr Saxon
Chancellor

United Kingdom
635 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2013 :  16:10:09  Show Profile  Visit Mr Saxon's Homepage
ASTOUNDING!!! i loved every min of it!!!!! loved the 12 doctors tardis's flying towards Gallifrey and the doctors standing in the cloud at the end :) gave me goosebumbs and a tear to my eye :)

"Thank you Mrs Jones........Mr saxon will be very Grateful"

Edited by - Mr Saxon on 23 Nov 2013 16:10:53
Go to Top of Page

LMS
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2013 :  16:32:18  Show Profile  Visit LMS's Homepage
The best 3d ive ever seen. Great story. Wonderful cinema extras. Shame its only on once
Go to Top of Page

Trevor54
Creator of Small Daleks

Turkmenistan
1471 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2013 :  17:50:48  Show Profile  Visit Trevor54's Homepage
Very good. Worried that it was going to be all about gherkins [sorry, Zygons]. But it wasn't.

If Zygons were green, they'd be gherkins.
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2013 :  19:13:29  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
Really, really enjoyed that one. I was round at a friend's house sat with them, their two boys, their nieghbours and a couple of other friends. Everyone loved it from start to finish. If my TiVo has worked correctly, I'll be able to watch it again tomorrow in glorious 3D here at home. Even the Afterparty over on BBC3 immediately following the episode was quite entertaining

I'm really pleased that they have finally dealt with the biggest mistake I felt they made when they brought back the Doctor: wiping out the Time Lords. The teaser for the Christmas Special looked good too. All in all, a really, really entertaining evening. I even had some Jelly Babies

One size does NOT fit all
Go to Top of Page

kevb0977
Chancellor

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  03:08:49  Show Profile  Visit kevb0977's Homepage
I absolutely loved this episode, it definitely lived up to all of the hype it was given..., superb story & great graphics too..., 10/10 from me!!!

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

The Saint
Obtained a Time Capsule

74 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  05:12:08  Show Profile  Visit The Saint's Homepage
As usual this was something of a dogs breakfast, but not unwatchable, the story was at times very silly, and far too overblown for it's own good. However one can not ignore the huge amount of affection the writer and production crew obviously have for the series and that did come shining through. 7/10
Go to Top of Page

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  07:03:20  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
Wasn't bad, bit vague in its relationship to 'Name' but I didn't hate it. The Zygons worked well, great scenes of battle in Arcaidia. Personally I found the After party a bit indulgent and cheesy.

John Hurt proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that a great older actor is far better in the role. So bring on Peter C.
Go to Top of Page

LMS
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  08:00:40  Show Profile  Visit LMS's Homepage
Regeneration and The Saint: I do wonder whether you guys have ever been WHO fans or are just bitter moaners who are never happy with anything in life. The glass appears to be always either half full or empty with every comment you ever make. Why don't you find another program to moan about? Songs of Praise perhaps? I just don't think you will ever be happy in anything. I just think you guys seem to have Rose tinted glasses over classic WHO. listen I love the classic series warts and all but... Now I expect a load of witty and no doubt sarcastic responses from you pair (bore off, yawn) if you want me il be enjoying the repeat of Day of the Doctor!
Go to Top of Page

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  11:19:42  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by LMS

Regeneration and The Saint: I do wonder whether you guys have ever been WHO fans or are just bitter moaners who are never happy with anything in life. The glass appears to be always either half full or empty with every comment you ever make. Why don't you find another program to moan about? Songs of Praise perhaps? I just don't think you will ever be happy in anything. I just think you guys seem to have Rose tinted glasses over classic WHO. listen I love the classic series warts and all but... Now I expect a load of witty and no doubt sarcastic responses from you pair (bore off, yawn) if you want me il be enjoying the repeat of Day of the Doctor!

I think you rather missed the point. You enjoy your repeat.
Go to Top of Page

LMS
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  13:16:01  Show Profile  Visit LMS's Homepage
Yawn.........
Go to Top of Page

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  14:31:54  Show Profile
Fantastic episode that had me in tears both times I viewed it and a lot of wow moments.. Have to say when it started, I was a little lost as to what had happened after the closing moments of Name of the Doctor and I am still confused about Hurt/McGann as they both appear at the end lineup.. then again alot of us seem to be over that..the appearance of Capaldi was another suprise.. oh and the Zygons.. WOW so glad they came back and that Tennant who has always loved them had his chance to come up against them.. yes yes yes.. more please..

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  16:59:08  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by LMS

Yawn.........

Rather insulting sort of fellow, clearly limited in opinion. I suggest you read posts before commenting on them. Both the Saint and I had positive things to say about the special, but I'm not mindless enough to gloss over things I don't like just to go with the flow.
Go to Top of Page

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  17:01:06  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Whoviansdelight

Fantastic episode that had me in tears both times I viewed it and a lot of wow moments.. Have to say when it started, I was a little lost as to what had happened after the closing moments of Name of the Doctor and I am still confused about Hurt/McGann as they both appear at the end lineup.. then again alot of us seem to be over that..the appearance of Capaldi was another suprise.. oh and the Zygons.. WOW so glad they came back and that Tennant who has always loved them had his chance to come up against them.. yes yes yes.. more please..

You certainly got your wish David, and very good they looked indeed.
Go to Top of Page

frobisher
Keeper of Time

Jamaica
628 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  17:42:28  Show Profile  Visit frobisher's Homepage
Weirdly they both had good things to say!! Lol. Made a nice change.

I really liked it.

Tom turning up was just killer as well!!!

Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  19:49:01  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
Yes, Tom did it for me. A lovely scene.

And no ghastly paradoggy daleks! Just good old golds.

The after-show live programme on BBC3 was also good, as was the show made by Peter Davison, with him, Colin B and Sylv featuring, in a spoof about them trying to get parts in the 50 year episode

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

kevb0977
Chancellor

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  01:59:46  Show Profile  Visit kevb0977's Homepage
Well I watched the repeat on BBC 3 & liked the episode just as much as the first time..., preordered my copy on Bluray too, looking forward to watching this again when it gets released on the 2nd. The only disappointment if any that I have over the whole 50th thing is that The five(ish) Doctors Reboot doesn't appear to be an extra on either of the 2 releases (An Adventure in Time & Space being the 2nd release I'm talking about), I would've loved to of had that as part of my Doctor Who collection, the old Doctors were great..., especially MY Doctor (Peter Davison).

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  03:55:40  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
Enjoyed it greatly, carried along with the tide of emotion.

Loved the Daleks. Loved Tom Baker.

Anniversary specials are notoriously difficult to get to satisfy everyone, but I reckon this must've got mightly close.

Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  04:21:53  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
For anyone who may have not yet seen the 'Five(ish) Doctors Reboot' made by and starring Peter Davison, with Colin B and Sylv, it's here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01m3kfy

Chris Balcombe

Edited by - ChrisB on 25 Nov 2013 10:12:09
Go to Top of Page

The Saint
Obtained a Time Capsule

74 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  10:08:52  Show Profile  Visit The Saint's Homepage
LMS if you talk as well as you write, I'll bet no one listens to you.
Go to Top of Page

LMS
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  10:55:01  Show Profile  Visit LMS's Homepage
Past your bedtime isnt it old man..... my god your boring yawn..
Go to Top of Page

Fudge
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1821 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  18:29:26  Show Profile  Visit Fudge's Homepage
A crowning jewel in a week of brilliant programing from the BBC. Genius episode that seems to have more than pleased the fans, general audience and critics. 10/10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      3:21:40 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com