New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AndyR
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2014 :  06:20:06  Show Profile  Visit AndyR's Homepage
So no one watched the new series ? or wanted to comment on it ?

For myself, I enjoyed it. Capaldi made a nice contrast to the often child like antics of Matt Smith's Doctor.

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2014 :  07:52:45  Show Profile
I enjoyed it. but am looking more forward to next episode when he is more established. Regen episodes always seem to take so long and are hard to really get to gel with the new doctor. I guess like Clara, we have to look at him and realise he is the same man in front of us. I am sure he will be fantastic and before too long we will be saying "matt who?"

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2014 :  16:24:53  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage
Sorry.I opened a thread stating how much I was looking forward to the new series and have not had chance to post since.Well the opening episode was good but not fantastic IMHO but this was to be expected as the new Dr beds himself into the part.Never been to keen on Strax as the butler, liked the half face man and the story all in all very watchable and the series should get better as it progresses.I think the new DR will work well with Clara.
Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2014 :  07:33:03  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage
Great Dr, great titles, shame about the music and the shambolic boring story, Dalek one looks better though
Go to Top of Page

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2014 :  17:55:38  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
The story was full of Moffat moments, things that don't make sense but look good on screen. The story was poor. Capaldi was great. He and Jemma helped to raise this to a tolerable level.

Of course we had to have the three stooges on hand. How can they possibly be taken seriously? In a real Victorian setting they would be locked up in a freak show not walking round seemingly attracting no attention for their appearance.

What could have been a good premise for continued drama, i.e. Clara's uncertainty over the Dr's regeneration was spoiled by Moffat's obsession with fairy tale endings. But then that uncertainty didn't make much sense as she was aware the Dr can change?

I thought Capaldi was really good at last a Doctor I can believe in again.
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2014 :  06:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
Not bad. Glad I didn't pay to see it at the cinema, as it didn't feel anything like as epic as 'Day of the Doctor' did.

Nice Dinosaur but the story could have played out just as well without it. I also found the plot too thin to sustain the running time and found myself getting a bit bored on first viewing. A second viewing with my other half helped, and I found myself enjoying it a whole lot more the second time. No doubt I'd set the expectation bar too high in my mind that it was always destined to disappoint.

I actually don't mind Vastra, Jenny & Strax, although the gender and clothes mixups are starting to feel overdone and old now. I did chuckle at the paper delivery though

NOT a fan of the new titles and music I'm afraid. I actually thought they'd started to get it right with the last ones, so it's a shame they've been dropped so quickly.

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:07:55 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com