New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2014 :  14:13:23  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
What? Nobody want to comment on the best episode so far? Okay, it had Clara in it but despite that it was pretty good. Even Frank Skinner was on form.

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2014 :  14:57:02  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage
very good , best yet, really enjoyed it, that poor woman from Curse of fenric really has no luck does she?!
Go to Top of Page

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2014 :  17:10:22  Show Profile
Decided to let someone else start a thread for once..lol. I really enjoyed it. Probably my second fav episode this season with last weeks coming in third and Time Heist fourth.. (forget the rest). Hopefully this is the corner we needed to turn albeit a bit late in the season. I thought this season was going to be the search for Gallifrey? what happened to that or will we get it thrown in for good measure right at the end of the series. This one was a good romp and a nice take on an Agatha Christie without being a total rip off.

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2014 :  05:45:05  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
Loved it. After my comment last week about still not having warmed to Capaldi's Doctor, he goes and nails it this episode!

Maybe the costume helped, maybe it was Capaldi channelling Tom Baker when talking to himself but this really felt like classic Doctor Who

Not getting the Clara hate myself. For me, Jenna's been the best thing in it this series and shown what a great little actress She is.

More like this please!

Next weeks episode has echoes of 'Fear Her', which can't be good

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2014 :  10:17:04  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
Yes, much improved. If you can have Titanic in space, why not the Orient Express

Capaldi was great. And Clara lovely.

I'm never keen when they throw a comedian in, so I really didn't need Frank Skinner as the engineer. Will they bring back Ken Dodd next week?

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2014 :  12:03:34  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage
What Liberator said
Go to Top of Page

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2014 :  13:57:26  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage
Nearly turned it off after 5mins what a mistake that would have been.Agree probably best yet.Good gripping story with the Doc and Clara separated for a while and doing a great job.I think even Skinner was good.Never thought I would say that about him.

Edited by - DB 2 on 13 Oct 2014 13:58:22
Go to Top of Page

Fudge
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1821 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2014 :  17:31:13  Show Profile  Visit Fudge's Homepage
Capaldi is slowly becoming my favourite Doctor, but I honestly think the real star of this season has been Jenna Coleman. She was never bad with Matt Smith but this year it's been like watching a different actress. She has impressed beyond all expectations this series. I don't think there has ever been an actress that has played a companion and given a more rounded, soulful performance save maybe Lis Sladen or Billie Piper in her first season.

Good story too. The Mummy clock was genius.
Go to Top of Page

alanperciwho
Chancellor

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2014 :  05:30:13  Show Profile  Visit alanperciwho's Homepage
I really enjoyed this one. The thought of dying scares me, but seeing how you're going to die before it happens with a bloke asking for a description of the killer...that's something else!

Loved the singer and her version of the Queen classic "Don't stop me now".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      5:51:18 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com