New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2014 :  05:17:29  Show Profile
Well apart from there being no real explanation on how the Master became Missy (nope still not a fan), The story was rather good. Lots of lovely nods to the past (or not so distant past). The huge picture of the Brig was lovely and by end of episode I had a few tears. I really hope that Cyber Brig despatched Missy once and for all never to return. Danny as Cyber Danny was a nice touch and his sacrifice of sending back the young boy was lovely. sorry we lost Osgood. Overall 9/10 for me and one I would watch again easily. didn't get to see the shorts to the xmas episode so hope it shows up online soon.

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2014 :  12:45:54  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage
dreadful pointless garbage, emotionally unengaging piffle, i used to watch this programme over and over, now i can barely get through the first showing. Is this the same man that wrote Empty child and girl in the fireplace? capaldi is super, in the worst season for years
Go to Top of Page

Regeneration
Timelord

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2014 :  16:17:56  Show Profile  Visit Regeneration's Homepage
R.I.P. Dr Who. You died seasons ago. Can't wait for the next installment: Carry on Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2014 :  11:15:21  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
Nods to the past are a sure-fire way of bringing a smile (and sometimes a tear?) to our faces.
For me, seeing Tom Baker's cameo in 'Day Of The Doctor' was the highlight of the episode. But that's just sentimental old me.

Excellent to see the Brig again, if only in portrait form.
And then having to believe he'd been reborn as a Cyberman (OK, just about got my head round that!).

I doubt its the last of the Master, or Mistress, however hard the Brigadier's cyber ray hit her....that character's just too handy to not keep in your back pocket, together with a couple of Daleks of course

The rest of the episode? Well, as usual with me, I got a bit lost along the way, but Capaldi was excellent.

Haven't seen any Christmas spoilers yet, and have no wish to. But I doubt I'll be able to avoid them once we get into December and the Beeb start their lengthy festive trails.

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      3:57:18 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com