Stephen Moffat leaving Dr Who in 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2016 :  11:52:10  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am sure this is probably general knowledge to most people on this forum already but I only heard about it today thanks to this link on Sci-fi Now.

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/doctor-who-steven-moffat-to-depart-as-showrunner

I have some initial reservations about his replacement, afterall he wrote 'Dinosaurs On A Spaceship’ which is not one of the high points of recent years. However, a change at the top is certainly due so I will wait and see.

One size does NOT fit all

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2016 :  16:19:21  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes Kevin, he's off, after completing a maximum of 14 shows. Chris Chibnall will be the new showrunner. Also looks as if this will be Peter C's final season, which is a great shame, as he's been fantastic in the part.

What I find odd is that there will, as I understand it, be NO new Doctor Who broadcast this year.

Filming for the series, which we have to wait until 2017 for, begins in May of this year.

I've seen a few excuses flying around, but it still smacks of poor planning to me. Perhaps they assume absence makes the heart etc etc

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:11:36 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com