Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Richard
Lord Vice President

USA
2530 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2003 :  01:31:03  Show Profile  Visit Richard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I turned on the users ranking feature of the messgae board. This function assignes a rank to a user based on how many posts they have made to the message board. Or by a unique status the user holds on the board. Here is how I set it up.

Newly Generated = Registered user

Mastered Materializing = Posted 1 message

Obtained a Time Capsule = Posted 5 messages

Companion = Posted 10 messages

Timelord = Posted 100 Messages

Chancellor = Posted 500 Messages

Keeper of Time = Moderator status

Lord Vice President = Just me

Lord President = Just Col

Reserved Titles
Rassilon

Richard - Fiddling the knobs of time.

Richard
Lord Vice President

USA
2530 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2004 :  17:10:31  Show Profile  Visit Richard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am always amazed to see how many wonderful people www.richardwho.com attracts. I am even more amazed that they keep returning. In recognition of the loyal and long time users I am offering anyone that has reached “Chancellor” or “Keeper of Time” level on the Message board the opportunity to pick their own title. (I heard you all)

Once selected you will not be allowed to change it for 32 weeks. (updated 5/27/2006)

If you have achieved the rank of “Chancellor” or “Keeper of Time” then just leave a message in this topic with the Title you would like.

Keep it clean.

Go to Top of Page

The Master
Renegade Timelord

Argentina
1656 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2006 :  12:14:06  Show Profile  Visit The Master's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This should put me there! 2 questions...
1- is there a way to capitalize the "T" in my message board name so its "The Master" instead of "the Master", without resetting my post numbers???

and 2. for title, how about "Renegade Timelord"

Thanks Richard!

"I am The Master... and you will obey me!"

Go to Top of Page

Richard
Lord Vice President

USA
2530 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2006 :  12:19:50  Show Profile  Visit Richard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Master

This should put me there! 2 questions...
1- is there a way to capitalize the "T" in my message board name so its "The Master" instead of "the Master", without resetting my post numbers???

and 2. for title, how about "Renegade Timelord"

Thanks Richard!

1. Yes - Done
2. Done

Go to Top of Page

The Master
Renegade Timelord

Argentina
1656 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2006 :  12:28:18  Show Profile  Visit The Master's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Richard!

Go to Top of Page

koollectablz
The Great Intelligence

Congo, Democratic Republic of
920 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2006 :  17:22:21  Show Profile  Visit koollectablz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Woo hoo! 500 posts (and if you counted all my deleted ones I'd be over 1000)

Can I have the title...

The Great Intelligence

Can't believe no-one else has took it!
Go to Top of Page

Richard
Lord Vice President

USA
2530 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2006 :  06:03:05  Show Profile  Visit Richard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by koollectablz

Woo hoo! 500 posts (and if you counted all my deleted ones I'd be over 1000)

Can I have the title...

The Great Intelligence

Can't believe no-one else has took it!

done

Go to Top of Page

koollectablz
The Great Intelligence

920 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2006 :  06:10:24  Show Profile  Visit koollectablz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Many thanks.
Go to Top of Page

greystone_06
The Nth Doctor

United Kingdom
672 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2006 :  20:40:45  Show Profile  Visit greystone_06's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Richard, am I entitled to a title? Could it be 'The Nth Doctor' Thank you very much.
Go to Top of Page

greystone_06
The Nth Doctor

United Kingdom
672 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2006 :  04:58:28  Show Profile  Visit greystone_06's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Many thanks
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2006 :  10:47:02  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ooo, 500 posts and now I can have my own title? Brilliant!

Could I have Vervoid Salad Chef please?

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2006 :  12:01:44  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, that was fast!

Thank you Richard.

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page

Richard
Lord Vice President

USA
2530 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  05:27:41  Show Profile  Visit Richard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Liberator

Wow, that was fast!

Thank you Richard.

You are quite welcome.

Go to Top of Page

The Master
Renegade Timelord

Argentina
1656 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2007 :  18:49:34  Show Profile  Visit The Master's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can we "Dub" Mick's to "The Dalek Maniac" for him

Edited by - The Master on 14 Jan 2007 21:34:52
Go to Top of Page

dalekduck
DalekDuck Supreme

United Kingdom
1545 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2007 :  10:04:16  Show Profile  Visit dalekduck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Richard,
well, I have gone over the old 500, so its about time I had mine done, me thinks…

May I have DalekDuck Supreme please?

Thanks Richard
Arfon

BEWARE THE WEEPING ANGEL! OH, AND DALEKDUCK!
Go to Top of Page

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2007 :  10:22:54  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Consider it done Afron.

regards

Col

When you have seen the ages i have seen....................
Go to Top of Page

dalekduck
DalekDuck Supreme

United Kingdom
1545 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2007 :  10:40:30  Show Profile  Visit dalekduck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Many thanks Col!
Arfon

BEWARE THE WEEPING ANGEL! OH, AND DALEKDUCK!
Go to Top of Page

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2007 :  10:49:08  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did it again, i can never spell your name right, SORRY.

Col

When you have seen the ages i have seen....................
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  06:34:52  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does the fact that people are rewarded simply by the number of posts they make not contain pitfalls?

I can see this as a great attraction to the younger, and not so younger, members, who may regard it as a contest, with a prize to be gained.

Quality rather than quantity is not a bad life rule. I for one, am not impressed when I see a vast number of posts beside a person's name. It's become meaningless, unless I know that person to be someone I respect for their views.

Please take me out of any ratings system. I'd rather just post when it seems appropriate, rather than try to give a two line comment on every topic raised.

Cat now released into pigeons area

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  07:28:03  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris.

Actually, you make a very good point, IMHO.

Like you, I try/tend to only post when I feel I have something to add to the conversation!!

Perhaps the rating system should also take into account the time the Member has been registered on the Forum, and even the number of days between their first and last post!!!

Cat suitably lobbed into pigeons.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2087 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  07:37:47  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Blimey does the ratings systems mean that much to you guys, personally I dont even notice it.
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  08:09:23  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shockeye

Blimey does the ratings systems mean that much to you guys, personally I dont even notice it.

Notice anything?:

Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  08:30:15  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Adding to my ratings here's my reply....

No, it's definitely not something of any real importance. The vital things about this site are that it's kept alive with new collections and updated collections, and also enjoys a vibrant and interesting message board.

My point is but a strand of straw in the site's large haystack, but, nevertheless, if one cannot speak one's mind about a board topic, without causing great upset, there is very little point in having a message board.

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

Richard
Lord Vice President

USA
2530 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  09:10:41  Show Profile  Visit Richard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisB

Does the fact that people are rewarded simply by the number of posts they make not contain pitfalls?

I can see this as a great attraction to the younger, and not so younger, members, who may regard it as a contest, with a prize to be gained.

Quality rather than quantity is not a bad life rule. I for one, am not impressed when I see a vast number of posts beside a person's name. It's become meaningless, unless I know that person to be someone I respect for their views.

Please take me out of any ratings system. I'd rather just post when it seems appropriate, rather than try to give a two line comment on every topic raised.

Cat now released into pigeons area

I must admit that I have never been a fan of the ranking systems on message boards. Fact is many do like them so the authors of this software have included it. I have set the levels very low so as to allow scalling the levels at a quick pace. Sorry but there is no way I know of for a person be excluded. I can't say I even notice a ranking anymore. We tend to know the people on here and requnizes when a new name pops up.

Go to Top of Page

koollectablz
The Great Intelligence

920 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  10:07:05  Show Profile  Visit koollectablz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the ranking system very much and find it a matter of deep personal regret that shockeye and others have more posts than me.

I also try to post at least one comment on every thread and particularly like the fact that it annoys others should I succeed in doing so.

Congo kitten is dead.
Go to Top of Page

DalekDel
Wanderer In The Fourth Dimension Of Space And Time

United Kingdom
3331 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  10:13:40  Show Profile  Visit DalekDel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by koollectablz

I like the ranking system very much and find it a matter of deep personal regret that shockeye and others have more posts than me.

I also try to post at least one comment on every thread and particularly like the fact that it annoys others should I succeed in doing so.

Trust you

"...This is not war, this is pest control..."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      4:48:05 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com