Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Poll
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Collecting on Richardwho
 General Topics re Collecting
 Chris Achilleos artwork lost (stolen ? )in mail.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mick
Chancellor

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2009 :  12:26:09  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all
This is just to make you all aware that I had recently sold the Chris Achilleos paperback cover for ''Daleks Invasion Earth''
See picture below.

The piece of art went missing once it had got to New York customs.

I believe it has been stolen.

If anyone hears of this being offered for sale can they please notify me and I will pass on the information to the relevant
police force.

Many THANKS
Mick

The Dalek Maniac .... KEEPER OF THE GENESIS ARK

Edited by - Mick on 31 Jul 2011 08:34:35

n/a
deleted

3083 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2009 :  12:42:46  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very Bad that Mick!! I hope and pray it turns up for you and Dale. I shall keep my eyes open.
Go to Top of Page

Iwho
Chancellor

569 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2009 :  12:48:52  Show Profile  Visit Iwho's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Crumbs!

Hopefully it was insured for the appropriate amount.

Lovely cover as well.

Edison and the Minnows
Go to Top of Page

adrianpatrick
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2009 :  13:31:38  Show Profile  Visit adrianpatrick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh my god that is terrible!
Go to Top of Page

bjblackpool
Companion

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2009 :  05:13:27  Show Profile  Visit bjblackpool's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adrianpatrick

Oh my god that is terrible!

Seconded. That's one of my all-time favourite covers, and it boils the blood to think that some git's nicked it.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy
Chancellor

United Kingdom
601 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2009 :  05:33:48  Show Profile  Visit Jeremy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh no that's dreadful.

Don't give up hope chaps, sometimes items in the post disapper then reappear weeks later so hopefully this is what has happended.

If sadly it has been stolen then I think it likely the piece would eventually be offered for sale privately to someone in the Who collecting community. In this case there's every chance it could re surfice in the near future and someone who knows its been stolen will hear about it.

Go to Top of Page

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2009 :  02:31:27  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage  Reply with Quote
making this a sticky topic, dont want it dissapearing unless ther is a very good outcome.

Col

When you have seen the ages i have seen....................
Go to Top of Page

The Master
Renegade Timelord

Argentina
1656 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2009 :  21:05:21  Show Profile  Visit The Master's Homepage  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dalej

Hello everyone, just wanted all to know that with the Artwork gone missing, that will be the end of my collecting. I have been at it for for 27 years. I just turned 50 and that sounds like a good number to end the quest. A word of caution to anyone buying from the UK, the Postal service in the UK never let me down, the fault lies with the horrible USA Postal Service, avoid it like the plague, they have gone down hill indeed All the best, Dale.

Sorry to hear that Dale :( always thought of you as the keeper of some of the most iconic and beautiful of the Who art. Was looking forward to meeting one day and getting to see the gallery. I hope that this gets sorted out and this piece shows up. All the best Dale! I'm putting it out there, this piece will turn up hopefully sooner than later! Best wishes my friend. Brian

"I am The Master... and you will obey me!"

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3083 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2009 :  04:59:01  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mick I think you have uploaded the wrong picture?
Go to Top of Page

dalej
Target Art Curator

1890 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2009 :  12:05:21  Show Profile  Visit dalej's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Adrian, the picture shown is the correct artwork
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3083 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2009 :  13:02:26  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh right Dale on my computer it shows the scorpian Tardis box?
Go to Top of Page

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2009 :  13:26:23  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the photo has been changed by the look of it,

Col

Go to Top of Page

darthwho
Timelord

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2009 :  14:01:11  Show Profile  Visit darthwho's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shockeye

Oh right Dale on my computer it shows the scorpian Tardis box?

It does on mine too as at 7pm (UK time) how bizarre

Go to Top of Page

dalekduck
DalekDuck Supreme

United Kingdom
1545 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2009 :  14:18:52  Show Profile  Visit dalekduck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Same here 19:19…

BEWARE THE WEEPING ANGEL! OH, AND DALEKDUCK!
Go to Top of Page

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2009 :  14:36:07  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage  Reply with Quote
one would think it has been changed at its host location by Mick, so it does not require a change of post message. the photo is not held on our server.

Col

Go to Top of Page

Mick
Chancellor

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  14:24:35  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi Guys
just get the picture thing out of the way , i replaced the
Scorpion suit picture with the art picture.So i really DONT know why some of you are still getting the scorpion picture
Very ODD

Dale I really HOPE that you carry on collecting
As i said you have a FANTASTIC collection of FANTASTIC art.

As Dale said the art went missing in the US, but if Parcel Farce
had done there job properly,by having there OWN people in the US,
this wouldnt of happened.
This was a so called 2 day guaranteed service ,but once the package gets to the other country it is dealt with by the resident postal service.How can you have a guaranteed service ,where you are dealing with a third party
The insurance alone for this package was £60(the total being £120)
and now Parcel Farce are trying every which way to get out of paying.

My advice is use Fed Ex or DHL.

AVOID PARCEL FORCE AT ALL COSTS.

This really hasn't been a very pleasant few weeks ,
especially for Dale.

All the BEST
Mick

Go to Top of Page

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  14:30:46  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mick,
now back to what it use to be.

Col

Go to Top of Page

Jungle Jim
Newly Generated

0 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  14:46:47  Show Profile  Visit Jungle Jim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
People may want to do a force refresh - hold down the ctrl key at the same time as refreshing. That makes the browser ask for the info again from the server rather than using a cached copy.

I don't use parcel force after they lost a comic sent to the states some years ago - I'd paid for all the correct insurances etc and they still refused to pay up. Had to threaten to take them to court using a solicitor's letter before I finally got the money.

Only ever use Fedex or TNT now.

Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  15:32:16  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thing is Jim, it was showing the art on mine earlier, should not have had to do a force, still usefull info though.

Col

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3083 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  17:11:05  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
AVOID PARCEL FORCE AT ALL COSTS.

You are 100% right Mick, I remember about 2 years back my brother sent a crate of speciality beers to his German inlaws and they went missing (we are talking a big bulky item here). How the heck someone from Parcel force got away with nicking it il never know. All we heard was it had never made it out of the UK. We got a refund but it was a load of hassle. Poor company in my experience.
Go to Top of Page

adrianpatrick
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  03:12:26  Show Profile  Visit adrianpatrick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh no please don't use Parcel Force. Not just unreliable, but overly expensive!

But now I know that Parcel Force was used - you know, it may yet turn up. When I started shipping paintings abroad I didn't know better and used them. One of the first items I sent ended up arriving in the US 4 weeks late! I was told it had even been opened by their postal service!

I'd suggest using www.interparcel.com as they will give you quotes from all the major services, DHL TNT etc, and the quotes are often lower than on their respective websites, and about half the price of Parcel Force! They pick up from your front door.

My average painting is sized about 4 foot wide and it costs around £40 to send to the US. It always arrives within 48 hours, sometimes less than 24 hours even.

But as I say, since it's been sent via UK/US postal services, it may still turn up after some delay.
Go to Top of Page

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  07:45:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gotta say that mail from the UK has gone missing a fair bit lately as well. I had purchased a signed picture that was posted but never recieved, Parcels on a few occasions from FP.com go missing and supposedly parcels sent from whostore that never arrived.. Not sure if it just me or am being taken for a sucker but thankfully either got replacements or refunds except the signed pic which wasnt much to bother about over the 3.00 pounds it ended up costing me..

Hope this other pic turns up though..

David.

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

mattdoe
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  14:12:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Mick,

Any update if there going to pay up for this ?
Go to Top of Page

BlazeXploder
Companion

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2010 :  07:58:45  Show Profile  Visit BlazeXploder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ill assume it turned up because its on Dalek-Mania.

http://www.dalek-mania.co.uk/CHRIS.htm

Go to Top of Page

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2010 :  08:26:13  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nope, Mick sold it and it went missing from there.

Col

Go to Top of Page

Mick
Chancellor

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2010 :  10:56:55  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Col
Yeah i should really update my site .
But it is such a PAIN to do now, as it all has to be typed out.
If anyone hears anything about this piece of artwork
being up for sale ...........please email me direct.
THANKS.

All the BEST
Mick

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:48:28 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com