Monochrome artists and numbers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2009 :  18:23:22  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Only a few details so far but will update as we get more info.

Don Pedicini Jr 50+10
Robert Hack 50
Ingrid Hardy 30
Carolyn Edwards 80?
Jason Davies 100 (50 colour + 50 b/w)
Kevin Graham 15
Nick Neocleous 50+10
Gary Ochiltree 21
Chris Henderson 50+10
Sean Pence 25
Robert Aragon 50+10
Andrew Fry 40
Potratz & Hai 80+10
Daniel Bergren 50 (25 colour & 25 b/w)+10
Sarah Lyons 50
Jed Raven 25
Leah Mangue 33+
Ryan Orosco 50+10
Kyle Babbit 35+5
Rich Molinelli 50+10
Amy Pronovost 50+10
James Macneil 20
Joe Corroney 30
Sarah Wilkinson 50+10

Martineck has said he is not on the set this time around. Some artists have said they maybe doing more. Some numbers inclued returns.

Anyone got any more info?

Edited by - Dalekfan on 15 Sep 2009 04:56:24

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2009 :  03:41:54  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From what Kevin Graham has told me, I believe he will be doing some for this set.

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2009 :  04:56:50  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've posted a list of artists in the Collectors Cards thread, most artists are doing about 30-50 cards each.
Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  13:58:58  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jessica Hickman is not on the set.

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  15:18:51  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Craig, I noticed you put Potratz and Hai down as 80 but I noticed on Scoundrel that some are just by Jason Potratz and have not been painted by Jack Hai. Also, some of the sketches by Jason Potratz are going to be dealer incentives if you purchase 5 cases of binders. The sketches by MacNeil are also going to be dealer exclusives on case purchases of binders. I personally will not be buying 70 binders to get one of those sketches!!!!
Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2009 :  13:15:09  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had heard that some of the cards would be dealer incentives but thanks for the info on which artists it would be. I think it's just a case that Potratz & Hai cards have been posted before they have been signed. The first cards posted on scoundrels are not signed but are shown later in the groups signed.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2009 :  07:20:29  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kevin Graham has only done 15: confirmed by the artist AND on the SI site.

Go to Top of Page

jaseb
Companion

173 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  19:58:20  Show Profile  Visit jaseb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Couple more for you....

Jason Davies has done 50 colour and 50 Black and White - confirmed by the artist.

James McNeil has only done 20 - Confirmed by the artist.

I have still yet to see a Joe Corroney card...

Jase

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  04:57:06  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jaseb

Couple more for you....

Jason Davies has done 50 colour and 50 Black and White - confirmed by the artist.

James McNeil has only done 20 - Confirmed by the artist.

I have still yet to see a Joe Corroney card...

Jase

Thanks. I've updated the list.

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  06:22:53  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are 30 redemptions for Corroney, apparently!!
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  06:52:52  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas

There are 30 redemptions for Corroney, apparently!!

Anyone actually seen one of his Who sketches yet? Not seen anything on Scoundrel (unless I've missed 'em)?

And where are all the Pence sketches?

Edited by - Dalekfan on 07 Sep 2009 06:55:21
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  07:00:46  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sarah Lyons did 50 cards for the set not 25. Also, I can confirm that Gary Ochiltree only did 21, from the artist direct, and Sean Pence only did 25 as stated and displayed over on Scoundrels

One size does NOT fit all
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  07:13:14  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Qexit

Sarah Lyons did 50 cards for the set not 25. Also, I can confirm that Gary Ochiltree only did 21, from the artist direct, and Sean Pence only did 25 as stated and displayed over on Scoundrels

Updated. Many thanks for the info.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  07:16:17  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My (poor) maths tells me that there at least 100 extra sketches here than boxes in the release.

So does that mean there's another Yearbox in the offing??

Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  13:10:17  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jason said his Joe Corroney redemption had out of 30 on it. Is 20 right for Mcneil as I had heard 25. Barrie has said there was a total of 1040 sketches to be used after leaving some out for quaulity etc issues.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  14:15:27  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Leaving nearly 50 over? Sounds a lot to me...

Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  19:39:17  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He also said they loses 20 to 40 in the packing process.

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2009 :  16:30:59  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The 1040 sketches mentioned was before he decided to put the McNeils in the product as well. So far only 2 Pence sketches come up and I don't think Clive pulled one either. We've been in touch to see if we have any missing panels between us for some of these Aragon sketches!! Funny that the McNeils are rarer than the Pence sketches but I've got 3 of his and there are a few on ebay.
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2009 :  18:55:53  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Definitely fair to say that the collation of the sketches on this set was a bit out. Aside from the incomplete multi-panels, the artist distribution has been quite erratic. For example, there are only supposed to be 33 Leah Mangue cards which should have worked out 1 in 3 cases, near enough. So in my five cases I should have pulled 1-2 but actually got five with three turning up together in my final case. Has anyone heard of one of the Andy Fry multi-carders being found yet ?

One size does NOT fit all
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  05:17:50  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking at the list of breaks so far, apart from a couple of multi-panels in consecutive boxes, the sketch cards seem to have been inserted completely randomly. I don't think there's any pattern or deliberate spread on insertion at all, unless anyone has evidence otherwise?

I pulled 2 Jason Davies from consecutive boxes for instance, and Doctor Jas had 2 different artists in 5 boxes.

Kevin Graham did 15 so should spread at least less often than Mr Pence who did 25, but the Pence cards are definitely rarer pulls...weird odds!

I reckon there's no plan to spread the artists on insertion at all: which of course doesn't help those collectors going for a "Master Set" of all artists, sadly.

Edited by - Dalekfan on 10 Sep 2009 05:21:10
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  07:33:07  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I forgot Kevin only did 15 sketches, better put mine up for £150+
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2009 :  03:38:48  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck

He also said they lose 20 to 40 in the packing process.

Interesting use of the word "lose" by Barrie there.

Edited by - Dalekfan on 18 Oct 2009 03:39:41
Go to Top of Page

jaseb
Companion

173 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2009 :  08:57:51  Show Profile  Visit jaseb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan

quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck

He also said they lose 20 to 40 in the packing process.

Interesting use of the word "lose" by Barrie there.

That is a cryptic comment if ever I saw one. What's happening? I know that artists have Mono blanks for the yearbox product, but I haven't seen or heard anything else, yet...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      1:55:23 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com