New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2013 :  03:46:02  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
Okay, anyone else bought it? Overpriced and a bit redundant I know, but if you're a DVD completist like me, AND you want to see Tenth Planet NOW, it's the only way.

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2013 :  08:27:12  Show Profile
I got my set this week.. Love it completely though my 9th dr page is upside down..Part of me says pay the postage and return it to the UK for exchange, the other part of me says keep it as a rarity...
While the actual episodes are just that with no special features, it is a nice collection to have. I dont really care that I have all the other stories already, as it is the packaging that I prefered.. Its almost like a coffee table book.. For me I thought the price was good. I got mine from Sendit but not sure what pricing is like elsewhere in the UK but theres was great value and postage was so cheap.. 3.95 GPB to Australia!!!

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2013 :  03:49:52  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Whoviansdelight

I got my set this week.. Love it completely though my 9th dr page is upside down..Part of me says pay the postage and return it to the UK for exchange, the other part of me says keep it as a rarity...

Well, there's plenty of chancers (not that I am implying that you are!) that would stick it on EBay with a huge starting price and call it "wiga liga giga rare" or some such clot.

Personally, I think the inverted page is a symbolic representation of Christopher Ecclestone's tenure as the Doctor, and I'd keep it proudly in the collection as a one-off!

I agree about the Coffee Table Book element. It's a beaut.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      5:49:17 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com