New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2015 :  13:49:54  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage
Ah, what a pity. I found last weeks episode tense and atmospheric but this one was quite a let down.

The Fisher King certainly looked impressive but I'm not entirely sure I 'got' his/its plan. I thought he was supposed to be dead, hence the body being wrapped up and placed in a space hearse. Was there an explanation for his miraculous rise from the dead? If so, I must have missed it.

Also, for someone quite happy to kill people just to turn them in to ghostly signal transmitters, why didn't he kill the Doctor? Having killed O'Donnell(?) quite casually not five minutes before, why not shoot the Doctor when he even had a gun at his head? Instead, he just shoved the Doctor out of the way in a huff!

It wasn't all bad of course. Cass was a likeable character and I thought the stalking of her through the corridors by Morans ghost, dragging an axe was well done. The whole bootstrap paradox was interesting as an idea but it meant another plot thread left to dangle without explanation. And to be honest, if that's the worst episode of the season, then this will have been the best one in some time!

Daleks conker and destroy

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2015 :  14:53:15  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage
yep part one fine, part two incomprehensible to the casual viewer sigh...bootstrap theory of history has long been questioned even as a theory.
Go to Top of Page

Mark42
Newly Generated

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2015 :  18:20:12  Show Profile  Visit Mark42's Homepage
Actually I enjoyed both parts. A simple classic-type story of people trapped in a base with bad things happening and the Doctor and his assistant walk in and save the day.
No saving the entire Galaxy/universe/all of time, or tossing aside thousands of Daleks/Cybermen with a simple wave of his sonic magic wand, or listening to the Mum/Dad/boyfriend/job troubles of his seemingly more important assistant. Lets have more like this.
Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2015 :  17:39:52  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage
the first episode was classic old style who, the second episode was complicated and contrived and completely removed the excellent atmosphere, and I'm still having trouble understanding the explanation that underpinned the story, just wonder what the casual viewer made of it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      4:43:54 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com