Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2009 :  16:02:40  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan

Presumably the panorama by Henderson was your multi-case incentive?

Correct It arrived this morning just as I was about to start work on breaking my final case.

One size does NOT fit all
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  06:41:08  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Qexit

By the way, as I have at least two cards for each artist I am open for trading

Trading invite on temporary hold due to intrusion of 'real life'. I've found a new hole in my garage roof This will mean my having to use some of the money ear-marked to pay for my cards to pay for the necessary repairs. So I will probably be selling rather than swapping. Sorry.

Go to Top of Page

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  11:12:43  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, as promised earlier here's my McNeil :

Edited by - Paul on 05 Sep 2009 11:17:18
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  11:17:32  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Iīve got some boxes left Paul, Iīve sent you an email.

I keep looking on here and havenīt seen Dalekfans case break, must be looking in the wrong place!!!
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  11:55:22  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas

Iīve got some boxes left Paul, Iīve sent you an email.

I keep looking on here and havenīt seen Dalekfans case break, must be looking in the wrong place!!!

Only opened one box so far, been a bit busy. Sorry! Soon, promise!

Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  11:59:42  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought you just liked sitting on a pile of unopened boxes and dreaming of the best possible pulls.

Did you get an auto in your one box so far.

Go to Top of Page

jaseb
Companion

173 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  12:59:46  Show Profile  Visit jaseb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought he was now including a sealed case as a part of a master set

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  15:32:42  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You crack me up tīother Jas I canīt belive Steveīs only cracked 1 box
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2009 :  10:09:56  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jaseb

I thought he was now including a sealed case as a part of a master set

You little tinker!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2009 :  10:10:33  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

You crack me up tīother Jas I canīt belive Steveīs only cracked 1 box

Yup just the 1 so far. No auto though.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2009 :  10:42:21  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck

I thought you just liked sitting on a pile of unopened boxes and dreaming of the best possible pulls.

Did you get an auto in your one box so far.

Hi Craig. No, no auto. Sketch was by RAM. Full breakdown to follow.

I used to dream about the pulls like that till we found out that the top notch ones weren't in any of the boxes...

Edited by - Dalekfan on 06 Sep 2009 10:43:51
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2009 :  10:55:12  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I used to dream about the pulls like that till we found out that the top notch ones weren't in any of the boxes...

To be fair, I think the top notch sketches have been included in this latest release. Judging by the ones I've found so far anyway

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2009 :  10:59:13  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Agreed Kevin. I should've been clearer. I was referring to earlier SI releases. Allegedly.

Go to Top of Page

jaseb
Companion

173 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2009 :  12:08:16  Show Profile  Visit jaseb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a long time time since I have been called a "little tinker", but I guess I can be at times.

Personally I still have doubts about the higher end cards - has anyone seen a Corroney yet?

The dealer I saw yesterday busted 5 cases, Qexit busted 5, Sittin9duck 1, one over on the NSU forum so that makes 12 cases and no Corroney's, that is over 10% of the production run. Oh and only 2 pence sketches - Sittin9duck and the dealer.

Now either I have a suspicious mind or...

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2009 :  14:17:12  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK. My 2nd box in is number 0039 and this is my pull (still no auto though). I think I'll stop opening now 'cause I won't find a better/more appropriate sketch for my collection than this!!!:

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2009 :  14:27:41  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a Corroney redemption in box 91. All the codes relate to particular sketch, Barrie emailed me pics of the Wilkinson redemptions but Corroney's not in yet.
Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2009 :  15:59:41  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did Barrie say how many Corroney did for the set?

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2009 :  17:09:12  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It says on the redemption card that he did 30
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  03:52:43  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Never heard of him.

Edited by - Dalekfan on 07 Sep 2009 05:28:24
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  04:42:50  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

OK. My 2nd box in is number 0039 and this is my pull (still no auto though). I think I'll stop opening now 'cause I won't find a better/more appropriate sketch for my collection than this!!!:

Cool sketch although you've probably got some cool Daleks hidden away in the rest of your case. I'm also reckoning that there should be a double or triple sketch in your case.
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  05:27:54  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote

quote:

Cool sketch although you've probably got some cool Daleks hidden away in the rest of your case. I'm also reckoning that there should be a double or triple sketch in your case.

Thank you. If there is, you'll be the first to know. And if I don't want to keep it you'll get first refusal.

Go to Top of Page

Sci-FiPlanet
Companion

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  06:09:52  Show Profile  Visit Sci-FiPlanet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You have mentioned you might be parting with some or all of your card collection a few time Dalekfan, what gives? Real Life or just thinking of a change? I hope you hang onto some cards at least, talking as someone who I dont think has ever made any money off you or sold you anything I still think the hobby of both cards and specificly Who Cards would suffer a lot without you. I mean who would I hold the one and only Walt Howarth Dalek sketch over if you left!
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  06:12:53  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Next break is boxes 21-30

21: Aragon sketch, Cushing auto
22: Bergren sketch
23: McNeil sketch, Bown auto
24: Graham sketch, Graham auto
25: Henderson sketch, Cushing auto
26: Hack sketch, Bown auto
27: Hardy sketch, Tovey auto
28: Lyons sketch, Graham auto
29: Wilkinson redemption
30: Hack sketch, Castle auto

Steven's going to work his magic and kindly post a scan
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  06:30:30  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet

You have mentioned you might be parting with some or all of your card collection a few time Dalekfan, what gives? Real Life or just thinking of a change? I hope you hang onto some cards at least, talking as someone who I dont think has ever made any money off you or sold you anything I still think the hobby of both cards and specificly Who Cards would suffer a lot without you. I mean who would I hold the one and only Walt Howarth Dalek sketch over if you left!

Thanks for your words!!!

I've been thinning out but I'll always maintain my core cards collection: the full sets of Cornerstone and Strictly Ink prior to the advent of sketch cards, and the unopened boxes.

I've come to realise that Sketch Cards just mean you have to be more selective about cards: before them a Master Set was well defined and achievable. Now it's a grey area and much more difficult to achieve (as top collectors like Craig know!).

So yes, a change of perspective really.

If I have 3 Hack sketches of Cybermen for instance (which I did), I only NEED one...

The one major exception to this is Kevin Graham's sketch cards. It's unlikely I will ever part with any of his: (a) I adore his work (b) I have many of his lovely Who trial sketches and (c) he's a very great friend.

Your concern is much appreciated. I'm still standing.

Edited by - Dalekfan on 07 Sep 2009 06:31:26
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  06:42:07  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Next break is boxes 21-30

21: Aragon sketch, Cushing auto
22: Bergren sketch
23: McNeil sketch, Bown auto
24: Graham sketch, Graham auto
25: Henderson sketch, Cushing auto
26: Hack sketch, Bown auto
27: Hardy sketch, Tovey auto
28: Lyons sketch, Graham auto
29: Wilkinson redemption
30: Hack sketch, Castle auto

Steven's going to work his magic and kindly post a scan

Izzy Wizzy let's get busy:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      2:34:30 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com