Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  10:39:59  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm try to collate the contents of the first 100 numbered boxes opened. If anyone has boxes 7 to 20 and 65 to 100 please post your finds or drop me a note.

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  11:24:32  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
65 and 66 will be posted on NSU when the buyer receives them in the US.
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  11:26:56  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ta. And I just noticed 91 earlier in the thread.

My thinking is that if we have 10% of the run then we have a fair representation of what's in the whole product. Obviously I'll post the findings on here for all Forum members.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2009 :  03:57:51  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Box 0038. Still no auto, but another colour Davies, lo and behold:

I don't know much about this artist, sadly, but he's a heckuva talent IMHO and his colouring skills just blow me away!

Edited by - Dalekfan on 08 Sep 2009 04:00:05
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2009 :  05:44:49  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice card mate, will we see another card tomorrow???

If anyoneone wants to trade I need A Roy Castle auto and 2 John Bown autos to make up some sets I have 2 David Graham autos, 1 Roberta Tovey auto, and a Cushing auto to trade. I have most foils if anyone needs some except F3
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2009 :  06:09:32  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, another card tomorrow if I have the time!!

You have autos? Lucky so-and-so!!!

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2009 :  06:53:19  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Love the new avatar Steven, did you ever consider becoming a Cyberfan??

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2009 :  06:55:44  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas

Love the new avatar Steven, did you ever consider becoming a Cyberfan??

Thank you! No, I have far too much emotion in me to like those things...

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2009 :  13:47:11  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll post breaks 11-20 soon, not a good case as I had 3 by Ingrid (not complaining too much as I love her sketches), 2 by McNeil, and 2 autos out of the first 3 boxes then no more. Should have been more variety of artists so that is why I'm disappointed.
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2009 :  17:31:27  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here goes on next break, I'll ask Dalekfan to do the honours again!!!

11: DanielBergren sketch
12: James McNeil sketch + Bown auto
13: Rich Molinelli sketch + Graham auto
14: Ingrid Hardy sketch
15: Ingrid Hardy sketch
16: Kevin Graham sketch
17: James McNeil sketch
18: Ingrid Hardy sketch
19: Kyle Babitt sketch + Graham auto
20: Jason Davies sketch

Probably my worst case as I had 7 different artists and 3 autos

Here you go, mate. Personally I think a good case: love the Graham & McNeil sketches particularly:

Edited by - Dalekfan on 10 Sep 2009 04:08:00
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  04:12:05  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So the question is: how many boxes would you realistically need to open to get the full set of artists???

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  04:26:11  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have opened box 0037 and finally pulled an auto (Roberta Tovey).

The sketch is by Ingrid Hardy (scan to follow).

Edited by - Dalekfan on 10 Sep 2009 05:14:02
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  04:47:01  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was told I'd need to open 3 consecutive cases to get all the artists but that is obviously not the case. Don't get me wrong Steven, they were all good sketches but 3 by Ingrid and 2 McNeil!!! That's 2 artists in half a case. I'm really pleased with both my Kevin Graham sketches but one will probably have to go, very hard to decide which.
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  04:54:15  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well QExit (Kevin) had 5 cases and didn't get anywhere near a full set of artists, did he?

Kevin Graham is the only artist whose work I love even on non-Who stuff! His Star Wars stuff is simply amazing!!

Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  06:40:01  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Currently working on Case 6....and all I can say right now is

One size does NOT fit all
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  06:41:56  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Qexit

Hope you got your Pence. After 6 cases you deserve it!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  07:36:46  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Qexit

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  07:40:06  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Come on Kevin, tell us what you pulled, probably a double Pence, in which case I'll come round and throttle you
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  08:15:51  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll throttle you if you pull a single Pence sketch as well, Craig's already got a hit out on him. By next month Dalekfan will open the rest of his boxes and will probably have the "hit" of the century as well!!!
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  08:38:22  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NEXT MONTH??? What you saying, eh???

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  09:05:56  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Only that it's taken you about 7 days to open 3 boxes and it took me 7 minutes to do the same
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  09:16:18  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How do you do it?? How do you find the time?? I can't even consider doing boxes until the kids are in bed, the chores are done, work is finished and the cows are milked (I lied about the last one...)

I do like the leisurely approach though...a brandy and an unopened box...

Edited by - Dalekfan on 10 Sep 2009 09:17:01
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  09:36:48  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay I cheat, I feel the packs, open the one up with the sketch in. Once I've got my sketches I then go back and open the rest of the packs until I get an auto. If there are any unopened packs after then I sell them on ebay as I just get too many base cards. I got wise to this when I was case breaking CSI, 18 boxes is a lot to open so I'd always find the costumes and sketches easily, autos were usually in the same place so weren't to difficult to find. You can only do it with SI products, with Topps the "hit" is usually in the middle of the pack.
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  09:54:49  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, so before I get hung, drawn and quartered for keeping you all in suspense here is the case breakdown:

Case 6:

0071 Joe Corroney Redemption + Graham Auto + F2,F8
0072 James McNeil Sketch + Cushing Gold + F1,F4
0073 Robert Hack Sketch + Bown Auto + F9,F5
0074 Carolyn Edwards Sketch + Tovey Auto + F6
0075 D Bergren Sketch + F2,F4,F8
0076 Andy Fry Sketch + Castle Gold + F1,F5,F9
0077 Sean Pence Dalek Sketch + Graham Auto + F3,F7
0078 Sarah Lyons Sketch + Tovey Auto + F2,F6
0079 Chris Henderson Sketch + Bown Auto + F1,F4,F8
0080 Robert Aragon Sketch 2 of 3 + Cushing Auto + F5,F9

So there you have it. The case came from Doctor Jas, which is why he now has a hit out on me, following an exchange of emails on Tuesday evening. the final clincher to me deciding to part with my money was the sequence of box numbers. I have to admit to being more than a little bit superstitious and my lucky number is 7 so the thought of picking a run of boxes containing the magic number '77' was just too much to resist. A good choice as it turned out as that was the one with the Pence sketch in

Scans to follow shortly once I've scoffed my celebratory bag of jelly babies and pile of doughnuts. I've just got back from the shops to buy them

A few quick thoughts on this case. It's the first and only one I've opened that had the promised 10 different artists in it. It's brought me to within spitting distance of getting a Master Set, which I'd pretty much given up hope on without a Pence, and it proves that the Joe Corroney redemptions really do exist and that there are only 30 of them.

Back soon.

One size does NOT fit all

Edited by - Qexit on 11 Sep 2009 07:56:28
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  10:10:24  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really well done, Kevin. Look forward to those scans!

So how many artists short are you of your set??

Oh, and thank you for taking the time and effort to list all your case breaks on this thread. Appreciated.

Edited by - Dalekfan on 10 Sep 2009 10:11:05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      1:37:32 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com