Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  10:18:49  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote

What a cracker of a case. Fry, Hack, Pence + Corroney

And to think I was about to crack that case open Tuesday night. I knew I should have turned my computer off

Well done mate!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  11:16:33  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To doctor Jas: the latest addition to my Chris Henderson collection was pretty good too

To Dalekfan: I'm short three artists: Kevin Graham, Gary Ochiltree and Sarah Wilkinson

And now the bit you've all been waiting for, the scan of the sketches:

One size does NOT fit all
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  11:26:28  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
EXCELLENT! Surely you could not get a better Dalek case than that!

Rather cute that Mr Pence avoided having to draw the sucker/claw arm by having the blast cover it!!

Edited by - Dalekfan on 10 Sep 2009 11:28:42
Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  13:59:43  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent case Kevin, nice to see another board member pull a Pence sketch. Doctor Jas is so generous in giving us such great cases. The first part of the Aragon Dalek sketch is on ebay if you’re looking for it.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  14:13:40  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My outstanding sketches from boxes 0040 (RAM) and 0037 (Ingrid Hardy). Down from the heady heights of Kevin's pulls, but they're ok in my books:

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  14:16:46  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm very pleased for all of you
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  14:43:54  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas

I'm very pleased for all of you

Quick! He's turning to the Dark Side!!!

Go to Top of Page

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  15:17:56  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bought another box from eBay and got the following :

Box 0960 : F2, F4, F8, A4 (Roy Castle facsimile), and an Ochiltree sketch.

I'm really rather pleased with this one!!
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  15:32:34  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, nice sketch Paul. Reminiscent of Nik (which is no bad thing IMHO!!).

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  15:33:54  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've noticed that many first boxes in cases (41, 51, 61, 71 and 91) all have a redemption card...

I haven't opened 0031 yet but I'll let you know in due course!

Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  15:57:26  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan

Yes, nice sketch Paul. Reminiscent of Nik (which is no bad thing IMHO!!).

Definitely a nice sketch there. All of Gary's sketches in the packs were quite colourful and scarce as he only did 21. Oddly enough, there's a pencil sketch by him up on eBay right now on a Mono sketch card that did not appear in the SI pages. Maybe a commission ? Speaking of which, I've just had email from him confirming he can/will do a commission for me on one of his blank returns

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2009 :  18:08:17  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gary does some work with Nik, I think they do a comic together or something so probably use the same markers.

Paul: Nice pull!!!

Dalekfan: My first case break had an Orosco redemption in 81 and box 101 had a Corroney redemption for me

So I'll post an 8 box break

101: Corroney redemption + Tovey auto
102: Davies sketch
103: Nik sketch
104: Potratz/Hai sketch + Graham auto
105: Fry sketch + Cushing auto
106: Pronovost sketch + Tovey auto
107: Pedocini sketch + Castle auto
108: Aragon sketch

I sold 109 and 110 a while ago, the Aragon was part of another 3 panel so I can guess what was in those 2 boxes. The buyer hasn't opened them yet (no it's not Steven still on his "go-slow") so I'm hoping we can do something either way if he gets the outside panels to my centre one!!!

I'll scan them. I've tried to upload them Steven, honestly!! I thought I'd have a go so will do the usual so you can work your magic.
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  03:59:13  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No problem at all. I'm here to help. Sketches from boxes 101 to 108:

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  04:10:15  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was very pleased with these ones, shame to have sold the last 2 boxes which MAY have contained another 2 parts to the Aragon but c'est la vie!!! My favourite is the Davies sketch which will certainly be one for keeps
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  04:12:35  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To complete the analysis of box breaks 1 to 100, I'm looking for details please for the following box nos:

1 to 3, 5, 7 to 10, 65 to 70, 92 to 100.

Thank you.

Edited by - Dalekfan on 11 Sep 2009 05:18:03
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  05:04:45  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
81-90 was my first break, it's on the mono release thread I think
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  05:19:46  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Jason.

I may also use the info for 101 to 108 as there are bound to be some boxes we don't find out about, and it will be easier to work from 100 boxes in total for my maths (), so I can then use the extra 8. If you see what I mean.

Edited by - Dalekfan on 11 Sep 2009 05:20:12
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  06:32:44  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm still waiting to hear what was in 109 and 110. I've also noticed a shortage of F3 chase cards in my cases so if anyone needs any other ink card and has an F3 to swap then please let me know.
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  08:08:41  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas

I've also noticed a shortage of F3 chase cards in my cases so if anyone needs any other ink card and has an F3 to swap then please let me know.

I think you're right there. My final case only had one F3.

Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  15:25:55  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A bit, well actually a lot OT for this thread, but I don't think I can afford to post any more collector friendly sketch card starting prices on eBay My first two cards just went at give away prices

Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  17:03:28  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Qexit

A bit, well actually a lot OT for this thread, but I don't think I can afford to post any more collector friendly sketch card starting prices on eBay My first two cards just went at give away prices

It's like with the last set, most auction cards sold at low prices. I got a nice Nik sketch for less than £10 and a rare Spears for £25 in auctions. The BIN cards were all at high prices with only the ones that people most wanted been bought. This time around the BIN prices are much lower and the cards are still only selling slowly.

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  17:39:42  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been lucky with a few but I try and keep pricing sensible. Some dealers are stuggling to get their money back on the last Big Screen release with some boxes only getting £15. If dealers don't do well on this set, they aren't going to jump to quickly at the next SI release although I do think Barrie might do a Mono release of the Avengers and I think there could be another Hammer Horror which will please Jaseb Avengers would probably sell quite well as McNee would sign again as well as a few others. Suprisingly when I had some Avengers sketches quite a few of them fouind their way to the US.

A Hammer Horror Mono would also do quite well, but I do think small limited releases is probably the way to go rather than 2500-3000 boxes that start getting dumped after the first 6 weeks.
Go to Top of Page

jaseb
Companion

173 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  18:19:46  Show Profile  Visit jaseb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jason, just leave the Hammer Horror, stop it at once I am having enough trouble with mono let alone somthing I would HAVE to bulk buy... so no more.

Na na na na na na not listening, ok reading.

Edited by - jaseb on 11 Sep 2009 18:21:09
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  18:25:40  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the lack of interest in the cards has a lot to do with the content. This harks back to my comments to Jason Portratz over on Scoundrel. I couldn't understand why he had drawn so many nearly identical Peter Cushing portraits, 23 out of 30 of his quickie cards. He replied that he thought fans would be disappointed if they didn't find a sketch of him. Sales so far confirm what I said, i.e. that the main stars of the films were the Daleks and that's what the fans would want. Even better would be scenes rather than just portraits which are often great little works of art...but really dull

Go to Top of Page

jaseb
Companion

173 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  18:36:24  Show Profile  Visit jaseb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As an addition to Kevin's post look at the case breakdowns with the exception of his "Pence" case most of the cases have been 2-3 Daleks per case tops. Not good - hence the commission route for me... oh and hating Strictly Ink and all who sail in her.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      5:02:59 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com