Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2009 :  15:36:34  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well done Steven, that's a stunning card!
Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2009 :  16:08:44  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great sketch you pulled there Steven,you have gotten some great cards so far from your case. Have you just got the case or did you commission any artist blank as well.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2009 :  03:45:22  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks all.

No, no commissions Craig. I'm just taking the luck of the draw this time. I have a slightly different plan in the offing.

PS Are there pix of all Mr Bergren's sketches anywhere please?: nothing on his website and nothing on SI's, although he did post his Dalek sketches on Scoundrel a while back.

Edited by - Dalekfan on 15 Sep 2009 04:24:39
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2009 :  06:04:57  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan

PS Are there pix of all Mr Bergren's sketches anywhere please?: nothing on his website and nothing on SI's, although he did post his Dalek sketches on Scoundrel a while back.

The only ones I've come across are the 18 he posted up on Scoundrel, 9 portraits and 9 daleks. I haven't seen any others. Nice pull of that Bergren Dalek sketch by the way. Definitely one of his best

One size does NOT fit all
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2009 :  06:20:04  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Kevin. From a collector like yourself that's a compliment indeed!

I would dare to say that it's not a million miles away from your Pence Dalek, quality-wise.

I don't know much about Mr Bergren, but he's used incredibely fine detail on the card: every inch of the card is sketched...

Edited by - Dalekfan on 15 Sep 2009 06:20:56
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2009 :  07:37:06  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In terms of detail. It is definitely comparable with the Pence Dalek and they're pretty much identical quality. Courtesy of a deal I've done with Doctor Jas, I now have have one of Mr Bergren's other best cards along with the Kevin Graham that I needed for my Master Set:

I'm just waiting now for Barrie to sort out and send out the redemptions and I'll be nearly done

Edited by - Qexit on 15 Sep 2009 07:38:21
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2009 :  07:56:56  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you get your Sarah Wilkinson & Gary Ochiltree cards, Kevin?

quote:

To complete the analysis of box breaks 1 to 100, I'm looking for details please for the following box nos:

1 to 3, 5, 7 to 10, 65 to 70, 92 to 100.

Thank you.

#BUMP# Anyone opened any of these yet please?

Edited by - Dalekfan on 15 Sep 2009 07:58:13
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2009 :  08:35:06  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did you get your Sarah Wilkinson & Gary Ochiltree cards, Kevin?

No, but I'll be getting a really nice Sarah Wilkinson sketch from Doctor Jas as part of my deal with him (as soon as he gets his redemptions from Barrie) and Gary Ochiltree is waiting for me to let him know the scene I'd like.

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2009 :  09:50:01  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oops I forgot to post 91-100, I'll add those tonight. I remember that case giving me a couple of sketches by Edwards and the Corroney redemption.
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2009 :  03:56:12  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
'PING', sorry just thought I'd see if I could hear a pin drop in here it's been so quiet for the past week Also, need a distraction from pacing up and down waiting for the postman to arrive with my redemption sketches due today

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2009 :  10:14:11  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will post my last case break as soon as I get some spare time one evening. So Kevin, did the postman deliver????
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2009 :  10:45:23  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas

I will post my last case break as soon as I get some spare time one evening.
Doesn't sound like you found anything too interesting in there then ?

quote:

So Kevin, did the postman deliver????
Nope Maybe tomorrow I suppose. I'm in the process of doing a trade with Amyluke46 and he believes Barrie has been extremely busy the past few days, so things may be running a little late. C'est la vie

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2009 :  13:47:46  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The sketch cards from boxes 033 and 034. So I've had 2 each from RAM and Ingrid Hardy in this case (so far):

Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2009 :  06:09:39  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nothing in the post again today, so I just gave Barrie a ring. All the redemptions should be in the post either today or tomorrow so I should have mine by Saturday Barrie's busy with the Avengers release for November. If I heard him correctly it will be a small release, one sketch per box, full colour cards and three new autographs. Details will be released soon.

Edited by - Qexit on 24 Sep 2009 06:10:28
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2009 :  04:33:31  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nothing today, again So maybe Monday or Tuesday I suppose. My eBay win hasn't turned up yet either Not a happy bunny

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2009 :  14:27:29  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kevin, these guys will tell you that where Strictly Ink is concerned likelihood is that we'll see redemptions next month
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2009 :  16:14:45  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Kevin, these guys will tell you that where Strictly Ink is concerned likelihood is that we'll see redemptions next month

So that would be next Saturday then

Go to Top of Page

jaseb
Companion

173 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2009 :  16:27:04  Show Profile  Visit jaseb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Qexit

quote:

So that would be next Saturday then

Nice try but no dice, Barrie has had your cash now you will have to wait. Look at the auto redemptions for Big Screen not so mono. Mine took two months to arrive.

Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2009 :  08:45:43  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jaseb

Nice try but no dice, Barrie has had your cash now you will have to wait. Look at the auto redemptions for Big Screen not so mono. Mine took two months to arrive.

So the six redemption sketches that arrived this morning are a figment of my imagination or can't be mine so I should them back to Barrie ?

Anyway, as per the email I got yesterday my five Ryan Orosco and one Joe Corroney sketches did arrive today. Unfortunately, I can't say I think they were worth the wait. The Ryan Orosco orange Dalek and Roberta Tovey sketches are pretty good, but the others are definitely nothing special. I was expecting something much better from Joe Corroney (the other Dalek sketch) after visiting his site and seeing some of his regular work:

Edited by - Qexit on 29 Sep 2009 08:46:38
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2009 :  09:23:08  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Orosco orange Dalek is nice anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2009 :  11:05:31  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hmmmmmm, I won't rush to open my post tonight!!!! Well actually I'd better as one of my redemptions will be winging its way to Kevin!!!!
I should have 3 Wilkinson, 2 Corroney and hopefully a gem by Orosco
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2009 :  11:09:59  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm expecting a redemption in box 0031. I think I'll keep the unredeemed card.

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2009 :  12:13:25  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was actually really pleased with my redemptions, I'll try and upload them otherwise Dalekfan might have to work his magic again for me.
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2009 :  14:11:45  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No problem, Sir.

Box 0032 has produced another McNeil card, so from this case I've had two apiece from him, Jason Davies, RAM and Ingrid Hardy:

Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2009 :  14:29:41  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Box 0032 has produced another McNeil card, so from this case I've had two apiece from him, Jason Davies, RAM and Ingrid Hardy:

That's not so good if your looking to get a card from each artist. On the plus side I think it's one of the nicer Mcneil sketches.

No redemption card in the post for me today.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      4:59:33 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com